cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-extract control parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have a strange issue. For few Event Handlers, the control parametrs are not extracted from application system. Could you please let me know if there is a simple way to re-extract the control parameters for these Event Handlers?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Could you please throw some light on this? This issue has been happening for other SO related EH as well and we could not find any root casue for this.

When contacted SAP, they suggested us to change some field which can trigger extractors again but this is the case with thousands of EH and we could not request users to change something in Production.

Is there any beeter way to re-extract parameters?

Please suggest. This is causing lot of issues in the reports generated by EM due to missing parameters.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

I guess there are 3 things you can do.

1) Make sure your config and function modules are correct. I guess they are.

2) If you can not make the change that SAP requested, you could write a small abap program to send the parameters.

3) Use /saptrx/eh_list to manually update the parameters in SCEM.

Hope this helps.

Zenon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zenon

Can you please provide some input to option 2 to write small ABAP program?

I appreciate your quick help on this.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would create an unexpected event that passes in all the parameters in the TRACKPARAMETERS table and then write a report as Zenon indicated that takes the sales orders as input and then calls the /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02 BAPI to post the event. Remember to use the qRFC technique to post the BAPI so you can post many at one time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Recently I observed that when Shipment is created, control parameters are getting updated. No issue here. But when Shipment Start event (sometimes different event under shipment) is posted, only control parameters got disappeared. When I check in the rule set, we used PARAMETER_CHANGE activity when this event message is posted.

Could you please explain how to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks

Ravi

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debug the call to /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_ADDEVENTMSG_02. Make sure the TRACKPARAMETERS structure has no rows in there with your parameter names with no parameter values. This is the only way I see the control parameters dissappearing when posting an event.

Thanks

Kevin