cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting discrepancies after order has been confirmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to correct overages and shortages after a delivery has been received and put away. As we are very new to SAP, during a plant to plant inventory transfer, we made the mistake of confirming eight delivery orders in spite of the the fact that there were several discrepancies such as overages and shortages on several Item #'s. We have documented all the discrepancies and would now like to go into the system to make the adjustments. Is there a simple way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sudhir, I really appreciate your help. This sounds quite complicated but I will try it at work tonight. If not successful I will suggest to the manager that we just do a final inventory after all the stock has been transferred. The only thing I am confused about is that we don't seem to be working with a STO but rather with Purchase order numbers and delivery order numbers. Thank you again for your help.

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use storage location reference as a key in search tables to direct the putaway and removal from particular storage type. By completing this step any system initiated movement from the storage location in question..will surely consider the only storage type you update in search table. But it won't plug the manual internal WM transfers using movement type 999 in transaction LT10 / LT01. You need to clear the assumption to the client that no manual transfer will happen from that storage type.

Hope this will help.

Reg,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Sudhir,

I am just wondering what T-codes we would use for the first option you suggested. We have received the shipment in MIGO, and confirmed the lines in spite of the fact that there were discrepancies. We have created a Transfer order LT06 (which seems to happen automatically after MIGO is completed. Then we put the items away in the bins.( I am not sure if I am on the right thread, we are using SAP MM.) If all else fails I am happy to hear that it can be corrected through inventory adjustment. Thank you.

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As explained above...for overdelivery you can use standard flow as below

Create STO for overdelivered quantity thru' ME21N, create outbound delivery (VL10B), if needed create inbound delivery or shipment, GR against outbound or inbound delivery(MIGO). At end of this cycle you'll get overdelivered quantity added into your stock.

For under-delivered quantity

Tcode ME22N use same STO thru' which the underdelivered material received, add the new line item of underdelivered material for the shortage quantity. don't forget to check the "Returns" check box in the line, MIGO-take GR against this STO/line item. This will consider the stock to be return. VL10B -Create Returns outbound delivery, VL02N -Do PGR against this delivery--this will put the short received qty back to the sending plant. If WM is activated there. you need to create TO and on confirmation your stock will be back in original sending location.

Regards,

Sudhir

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming you have all over delivery / under delivery correct data with you; there are two ways you can handle this issue.

1) Follow standard overdelivery / underdelivery scenario.

Overdelivery: After confirmation of overdelivery additional STO for the overdelivery quantity may raise and receipt can be taken against it for the ovedelivered quantity.

Under-delivery: Create "Returns" item in the same STO for the underdelivered quantity, outbound delivery against this STO-item will be returns delivery. You can post the underdelivered quantity back to the original sending plant by making "PGR" of returns delivery.

2) You can take physical inventory process for such material and make adjustment as required.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Sudhir