cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM: Using Z-Configuration in Standardcomponent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in SRM we want to change the Business Partner WebDynpro. There exists a standard Configuration /SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_OIF_BUPA_SUPPL which I copied and changed it to our needs. But how do I apply this? When I open a Business Partner it still uses the Standardconfiguration. I don't find anything to change this.

Can you help me?

Kind regards,

Bastian Stritt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bastian Stritt,

you need to enhance the /SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_BPSUPP application configuration, and you need to maintain your component configuration for the SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF comp usage.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saravanan,

I'm not sure, if I understand you correctly.

Do you mean, I can only done this via Enhancement? I hoped creating an new configuration would be enough. And somewhere I say: use this instead of the standard.

I didn't find a Comp Usage called /SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF, only a Application. And my Z-Configuration is already assigned to this Application.

BR, Bastian

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bastian,

Let me elaborate my proposal.

1. you have created a component configuration (copied from /SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_OIF_BUPA_SUPPL and modified).

2. the webdynpro application /SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF uses the application configuration "/SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_BPSUPP".

3. In the application configuration (Start the configurator), you will see the configuration Id as /SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_BPSUPP. Question is did you create a new application configuration as well? Because you didnt mention this.

4. Click on Display. This will display the application configuration details. Here they have maintained the "/SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_OIF_BUPA_SUPPL" as component configuration for the component usage "/SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF".

You have two options:

Option 1: you can enhance the Application Configuration /SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_BPSUPP and you can assign your newly created component configuration to it.

Option 2: you can create a new application configuration by copying /SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_BPSUPP.

(this is the part which I dont know) After creating the App. config. you need to find from where this application is launched. if its directly from portal then you need to enhance the PCD. If its from another application then you need to enhance that application.

So I doubt whether you can solve your requirement without enhancing the standard component.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saravanan,

great! Now it works. I didn't see the "Enhance" Option in Configuration Editor.

Many, thanks, Poins are rewarded.

Kind regards,

Bastian

Answers (0)