cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Login library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to implement single sign on using secure login. Secure login provides 3 components: secure login server,secure login library and secure login client.

In installation guide it says that it is not necessary to install all components.This depends upon the use case scenarios.

In my case it will be active directory using kerberos technology. So I have to install login library and login client. or any one of them.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Josh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had asked the same question to SAP sales - I think you are right that you may not need to setup a Secure Login Server if you would like to use Kerberos or X.509 signed by a PKI. But I as I tried to get a License for this scenario the SAP sales told me that you can only license all in one - so there is no option to reduce license costs by using only the client component in same scenario as SNC Client Encryption but with Single-SignOn activated.

Maybe this can be changed if enough customers ask for it.

Best Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please do the below steps

Step1: Install SAP library on your local P.C.

Step 2: Configure the sapdoc.ini

Configure file sapdoc.ini with the entry as shown. This file exists on C:\Windows. If it is not found, create it using your favorite text editor.

HtmlHelpFilePath-EN=<C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP ERP Central Component 5.0 English\HELPDATA\EN> : Path of SAP help where you installed it on your P.C.

u2014-

Step3: logon to sap dev system

u2013> Execute the tcode SR13

u2013> Click on the tab HtmlHelp file

u2013 >Click on New entries Enter variant name (ECC5 if u r using SAP ECC5)

-->Platform =Win32 if you are using xp

-->Area =IWBHELP

-->Path = http://help.sap.com Or path of the your server where SAP library is installed.

Save it. Request Dialog prompts you to create request. Create Request.

Transport the request to Quality & Production.

Note: Entries in the file sapdoc.ini overwrites the settings present in SR13, if SAP library is not available on your local

system, it starts from central location.

Do you want more details for this issue please find below link

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6213550/How-to-Setup-Sap-Library

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy