cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding path for transport directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to find the path to the directory where the transport info is saved. In our setup, it is there at /usr/sap/trans.

My first question is that, is the transport info always at this path or can this path be changed?

If it can be changed, how can i find what is the path from a c/c++ program? Is there a config file which has all this information or are there any APIs that we can use?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should call "TMS_TP_CHECK_TRANS_DIR" function module by C++ RFC library. Then you'll be able to get all the physical folder.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the easiest way would be to call sappfpar:

sappfpar pf=SID_DVEBMGSxx_hostname DIR_TRANS

This will evaluate DIR_TRANS if set in either DEFUALT.PFL or the instance profile.

If it returns no value you can safely assume /usr/sap/trans.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the root directory for transports is defined by the SAP profile parameter DIR_TRANS which is normally set in the instance profile under /sapmnt/<SID>/profile/<instance profile file>, it can be changed and you just could read the profile file with an external program and get the value of this parameter.

regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Christian,

I checked in my setup. The instance profile file does not set the DIR_TRANS parameter.

Just want to confirm that if this parameter is not set, then the default value is /usr/sap/trans.

Is this a safe assumption?

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to update the parameter in the profile and take a restart of your SAP system.

Even the default value is /usr/sap/trans but its a best practice to maintain it in profile.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in exceptional cases it also can be set in the Default profile 'DEFAULT.PFL'. If it is nowhere in a profile then the system uses the default /usr/sap/trans which is coded in the C kernel. So your assumption is correct.

Regards

Christian