cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Org Chart Postions need to be created automatically in IDM as MX_ROLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to create the org chart positions with a one to one mapping to IDM Business Roles but there is no standard SAP functionality to do this in the SAP Provisioning Framework or VDS.

Creating each Business Role will take too long and we need to have a process where new positions in HR are autmatically created as an MX_ROLE entrytype in IDM

Can anyone help me in determining an effective way so that all business roles can be created from the ECC HR Org Chart as an initial load type job?

We do not expect to have any privileges assigned yet only the MSKEYVALUE and the Description loaded into IDM for MX_ROLE entrytype. The privilege assignments will be a manual process.

Thank you

Shan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have also been trying to do this but am not very good at abap so am having trouble doing the extract from HR for the positions.

Can you help with the position extract part of this configuration.

If i understand correctly you are loading a file into IDM which creates all the business roles which is exactly what I want to do.

Thanks,

Shan

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Shan,

That is exactly what we have done. I am however not an ABAPer myself so I'm affraid I'll have to direct you towards the ABAP forum for the actual extract.

In my case we already had the xls files and didn't need to perform an extract.

Regards,

Jonathan

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

Another option would be to use the connection between HCM and IdM and just load the required values in a "temporary" table in the IdM Database followed by a pass which uses the correct values from the temp table to create new MX_ROLE entries.

I've actually spend quite a few days trying to "perfect" this, two differences we had was that we wanted to create the Technical Roles inside the Business Roles emmediately and second we had an excel file as base.

In any case if you need further advice, let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help with this.

I will try it and let you know.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It shouldn't be a problem. You just need to define a job that will create MX_ROLE records. For initial load you can use a simple flat file. If you can't get that file out of ECC using standard tools like SE16 then maybe write a custom report to extract all roles into flat file and then use it for initial load.

Cheers