cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HA Installation of ERP EHP4 on AIX and DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to do a HA installation of ERP EHP4 system on AIX and DB2. I have followed the standard inst.guide from SAP but I want more information. Can anyone help me in understanding how to go about installing HA in detail. I would be very grateful if anyone can provide me a guide/document of what and how they have done. Can you pls explain me the steps.

I also have few questions

1. Shall i do a Central installation or distributed installation ( meaning CI, ASCS and DB in one server failover to other; CI,ASCS on one server and DB running on different server which in case of failure will move to other server)

2. I know that OS team will do the cluster configuration but is there any other software to be bought for an automatic switchover in case of failures?

3. Mainly, as a BASIS consultant what is our role in HA configuration? What file systems should be defined and nfs mounted?

Request you to take time and answer. Thanks in Advance.

Lastly, i hope this is the right forum. If not , please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> 1. Shall i do a Central installation or distributed installation ( meaning CI, ASCS and DB in one server failover to other; CI,ASCS on one server and DB running on different server which in case of failure will move to other server)

>

I think you did not get basic of HA installation. Its neither central nor distributed installation. You need to install CI and Dialog Instance locally on 2 nodes. DB and ASCS instance on the disk that will move across 2 nodes.

> 2. I know that OS team will do the cluster configuration but is there any other software to be bought for an automatic switchover in case of failures?

>

OS team will do file system config so that file system having ASCS and DB should move across 2 nodes. And rest of the file system should be local.

After installation making cluster movement automatic both OS and SAP Basis guy have to work together.

> 3. Mainly, as a BASIS consultant what is our role in HA configuration? What file systems should be defined and nfs mounted?

>

I would say primary role in HA installation is of Basis guy. Because he is the person who will decide what approach will you take to install HA either active-active or active-passive. Its you on whom requirement OS guy will work.

Thanks

Sunny