cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Standalone : PO send to external without BC and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are <b>SRM 4.0 Standalone</b>, <b>no</b> XI, <b>no</b> BC.

<u>Question</u>: How to send POs to external non-SAP systems (EAI in our case) without XI and BC??

Using <b>BBP_PO_SEND_XML</b>, at the point where System Type("<i>iv_system_type</i>") is determined, we unfortunately don't have <b>BCEBPXML1</b> or <b>XISAPXML1</b> available.

At this point can we define an <u>RFC Destination</u> maybe?

And then set <i>lv_system_type</i> equal to this <u>RFC Dest.</u> ??

Then when we execute <b>CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PO_SEND'</b>... question is will this work using the <u>System Type</u> as an <u>RFC Dest</u>...

All ideas are welcome...

Sincerely,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

It looks like we are on the same scenario. Our scenario:

1)PO Request flow:

Web application --> XI --> SRM

2)PO Confirmation flow:

SRM--> XI -->Web application.

We are able to get the PO request into SRM via inboud XML interface, but not able to generate PO number and PO document to XI.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is SRM standalone scenior enough for this scenario?

2) What are the steps we need to do in order for SRM to generate a PO number, and then send the PO document to XI as XML?

3) What are the steps to define an external business partner, and send the purchasing document to the business partner?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim

You can try with BAPI's and RFCs. But I am not sure.

I never worked in such scenario to explain on this.

But as per my understanding on connecting to Non-SAP systems, SAP uses SOAP adapter and XI technology.

When you try to use BAPI's you need to create functionality in Non SAP system equivalent to SAP to communicate and exchange data properly.

Regards

Jagadish