cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation for NW 7.3 is requesting input from GUI but not allowing input

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing NW 7.3 with the portal framework. I can get pop-ups during the beginning of the installation - for errors or for database installation. But when I get to step 36 out of 38 - deploy Java Applicaitons - it goes thru quite a few and then gets an error. While this is not unusual, its response is. It says it is waiting on input from the GUI, but it does not pop-up a window for me to respond in. I can see an html output in the install log, but nothing pops up to which I can ask it to retry.

I have not seen this on other installations. I have tried this from scratch using both Exceed X-Windows and the sapinstgui, but the result is the same. I have a ticket open with SAP, but they have not responded.

Has anyone had an NW install - 7.3 or otherwise - hang with the log saying it is waiting on input from the GUI, but the user being given nothing to respond to? We are on 64 bit SOLARIS and Oracle 10.2.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Exceed or Reflection or other X-Server tools can lead to such "strange" behaviours. Because of that we do those installations either using a Remote Gui on Windows (start sapinstgui.exe) or by using a Linux desktop with a "real" X-Server.

Markus