cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner for Service desk user ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have setup the service desk and its working fine, we have a requiremnet that endusers should be able to see the status of their messgaes and also update the message when any further info is requested by support desk employees

1.in email notification we have provided the link to service desk workcenter

2.created all endusers in solution manger

3.the required authorizations for viewing and updating the message and send it back to support is provided

issue here is as per the SAP config doc, it says we need to create Business partner of type BP general and also employee for support desk teams and only BP generalfor endusers/keyusers

i have created BP for few endusers of type BP general, but when the user tries to click on the link in th mail and it pops up for his for solman system credentials, upon providing them the user is not able to see the messages in service desk workcente under my messages "created by me"

when i tested it with Business partner of BP Gen and Employee , he is able to see them

is something wrong in config? SAP clearly says to create BP of type BP gen for endusers, then why are they not able to see the messages?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason is "created by me" selects the role "Creator" of a message/notification.

There are three roles "Creator", "Contact" or "Reporter" and "Responsible" or "Processor".

The creator is identified by his user name and the others by their BP-ID.

Therefore using the report "created by me" does not work if your users are defined for BPgen only.

That it works you have additionally to define in BP the role "BUP003 - Employee".

You find in the transaction BP for "BUP003 - Employee" in the tab "identfication" a field "User Name".

If you enter the User-ID the user has in the Solution Manager then it works.

Good look!

Best regards,

Adelbert