cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to SAPCRYPTO.SAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing SAP Netweaver 7.3. During the installation I get a question to enter:

- Path to SAPCRYPTO.SAR

According to the installation guideline I should find it in: http://service.sap.com/swdc - Download - SAP Cryptographic Software

I can access that page, but I don't know which of all those files I should choose to download.

My installation of netweaver 7.3 is for Windows server 2008 R2 microsoft SQL server.

Br,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the Crypto library for Windows 2003 x64 platform, it works for Win 2008 as well. SAR or CAR - either file should be OK.

Uncompress them using the SAPCAR command as mentioned in the post above. Another folder will be created which contains the crypto executables. Provide this path to the installation program.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Trying to do your suggestion I get this error message from SAPinst:

"Archive ... is not a valid SAPCRYPTO.CAR archive for architecture NTAMD64. SOLUTION: Enter the path to a correct archive file."

Br,

Johan

former_member105092
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try this " SAP Cryptographic Library Microsoft Win64 for IA64 (Itanium)" . It will download 90000113.SAR file. it will be suit for your environment.

cheers

Jeeva

former_member105092
Participant
0 Kudos

For Xeon .... what Srikrishnan told was correct. Check with .SAR and .CAR files.

Try with updated SAPCAR file.

Cheers

Jeeva

Edited by: Jeevagan Vedhaiyan on Aug 24, 2011 8:15 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Refer sap notes 1240081 for downloading JCE jurisdiction policy files. This is a prerequisite before installation.

2. Download SAPCRYPTO.SAR from http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> SAP Cryptographic Software .

3. Create a local user in the system that you are going to install CE 7.2, give admin rights to this user. Login as this user and start the installation.

other wise you try below steps

1.As far as I know we can get the crypto library in the market place http://sevice.sap.com/swdc

2.Here you got to download you will find sap crypto library software, Just download from there.

The software products offered here for downloading are subject to export control regulation in >Germany as the country of origin and import regulation of your own country. SAP may not yet >have a corresponding export license for your user / company. Please contact the contract department of your local SAP company. Please note that to download the SAP Cryptographic Software from the SAP Service Marketplace, you need a customer user-id.

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved! x86 for Windows2003 SAPCRYPTO.CAR worked.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Fine Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the solution that worked for me: Per note 597059, I went to swdc and used this path "Installations and Upgrades" -> "Browse our Download Catalog" -> "SAP Cryptographic Software". The x64 SAPCRYPTO.SAR I downloaded from there worked.

What didn't work was the SAPCRYPTO.CAR from the K_720_U_WINDOWS_X86_64 folder of the Netweaver 7.3 install DVD or the one I downloaded from swdc by searching for SAPCRYTPO. With both of those, I got the error "Archive....is not a valid SAPCRYPTO.CAR archive for architecture NTAMD64" I promise I tripled checked that I got the one labeled for x64, downloaded it twice, and that my servers are x64 etc. Note that the SAPCRYPTO.SAR from the "Browse our Download Catalog" was a different version from the one that came up when I searched.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

You have to choose SAP Cryptographic Library Microsoft Win32 for x86/IA32 ( If you are using 32 bit )

So you have to download with the name of 64 bit

SAP Cryptographic Library Microsoft Win64 for x64/IA64

and after that use CAR Command for the files.

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: thomas_raja on Aug 24, 2011 8:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I don't say wrong, the sapcrypto path is the direcory where the sap executable is located.

C:/sap/

And with the command of u201Csapcar -xvf xxxxxxx.saru201D, /ntintel directory would be created and the following files would be extracted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your Windows Server processor type ? Is it a IA64 64BIT or X64 64BIT.

Thanks,

Preethish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethish,

I have Intel Xeon 64 bit processors in my server.

Br,

Johan