cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get change document status before saving it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I'm changing status of change document from Complete development to Approve to production, it is being completed in two steps. First, it is raising a message in status bar saying that status will be changed after saving and second, when i'm hitting save button by saying status has been changed. Is there anyway to find out the new status in between these two steps. I'm debugging the program after first step but nowhere I found the new status. All the internal tables being updated only after second step i.e., after saving the document. Is there any function module or method which can return new status being assigned to change document. Please advise.

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go into the Action that is being selected in the change document and look at the processing parameters you see the method call HF_SET_STATUS. If you look at the details of this method you will see the status that is going to be set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not found this method call while debugging the program. I also looked into repository but did not get this method. Could you please elaborate it more.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any update on this?

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you follow my steps? Here they are in more detail.

Go to t-code SPRO

Go to the Define Action Profiles and Actions activity under the ChaRM node

Highlight the SDMJ Action profile on the right and click the Action Definition folder on the left

Highlight the Complete Development action on the right and click the Processing Types folder on the left

You'll see the method call there at the bottom, HF_SET_STATUS

Click the glasses icon under the HF_SET_STATUS field

There you will see the status that this action sets the change document to, expresssion USER_STATUS