cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple BAPIs and COMMIT in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I hope that someone can help me.

I have a BPM scenario set up where a 'create order' bapi is called followed by a 'get application log' and after this I need to call the 'commit' bapi to ensure that the order is created. I cannot use the built in rfc commit in the rfc communication channel because i must wait until after the read application log call to commit.

The trouble is the commit does not seem to work. Is the bpm one logical unit of work, or do i have to put something in to indicate that the calls form one LUW?

Is this possible? please help!

Thanks

z

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos
claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zadie,

as much as I know you cannot commit multiple BAPI calls via BPM. You would need to write a wrapper RFC in your backend that contains all your BAPI's plus the BAPI commit call and use this wrapper in your XI scenario.

Regards,

Claus

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the SP's allows you to commit across multiple BAPI calls. I think it is SP14. Depending on what you are doing, this may or may not work for you, because if the second, third, etc. call needs data from a prior call, you're out of luck. But if you are making three calls that are not dependent on each other, and you want all or nothing, then this should work.

I can't remember exactly where this is set, but I'll check and post.