cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal value list when using search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using a search help with search help exit in a webdynpro view but I cannot see the personal value list. Is there something I need to do in the seach help exit to make it visible?

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Can you confirm whether the Personal Value list is enabled in the DDIC search help?. The Personal value list in Webynpro will appear only if the same is enable in the Search Help Exit. So I suggest to check this in the backend.

1. Goto TCODE SE11

2. enter the search help name and goto display mode

3. execute the search help and check whether you are getting the option 'Insert into personal list" in the popupwindow toolbar button

If you dont get this option, that means the search help exit has disabled the Personal Value list option.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

the search help exit has disabled the personal value list, but I don't know how. Do you know which parameter I need to set to reenable it?

Thanks

Simon

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

is the search help exit created by you or is it a standard SAP component? If this is created by you then in the Search Help Exit function module look for the CALLCONTROL-STEP 'PRESEL1'. In this control step they might be setting the 'Pvalues' to 'D' to disable the personal value list. Just comment that statement or set the value to 'N'

IF CALLCONTROL-STEP = 'PRESEL1'.
*   PERFORM PRESEL ..........
    callcontrol-pvalues = 'D'.
    EXIT.
  ENDIF.

If its a standard component, then you need to go far enhancement, and in the ehancement implementation check for the control step 'PRESEL1' and then set the PVALUES to 'N'.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

thanks, it works.

Simon

Answers (0)