Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert the sender service XXXX to an ALE logical system

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Forum members,

could you please kindly help me out the error "Unable to convert the sender service XXXX to an ALE logical system ". The scenario is file-to-idoc. The sender is a BPM and receiver is ISU system. sender and receiver are business services without any logical name , both in SLD and ID. There are other scenarios which are running with same configuartion but I am receiving this error in ceratin BPM's. All namespaces include BPM. There is sender party and receiver party mapping in each receiver agreement, for other idoc scenarios. I have gone through sevaeral articles, blog but no luck.

Could you please kindly help .

regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In this scenario sender logical system name should be created in ISU(Tcode: SALE) ,it get resolved.

1.Give some string as logical system name for sender Business systen in SLD:

2.Check in ID whether the Business system has the same logical system name,

3.Then create the sender logical system name in ISU tcode SALE

Reason: IDOC needs sender details to create control record, so in your scenario it is unable to find logical system.

So just create sender logical system in ISU:

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam

As you are using non logical systems partners for the integration, please populate your IDOC control record in the mapping for SNDPRN, SNDPRT, RCVPRN, RCVPRT with appropriate values as configured in your we20 partner profiles. Then in the IDOC communication channel select the options to populate control values from payload including sender and receiver. Additionally if required, you may still maintain the XPath sender and receiver values in receiver agreement header mapping and test your scenario. You can remove the logical system identifier from Adapter Specific identifier in the Business Component acting as the sender.

Edited by: Chitrabhanu Raychowdhury on Aug 30, 2011 2:23 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this occured due to some configuration changes in XI.

Follow these steps to eliminate the error:

Step 1 : At first Please check if Logical System Name is correctly maintained in the SLD:

a) go to the SLD - Technical system -> Client number -> Logical System Name and make sure your business system name is here

Step 2 : Import the Logical system name to the XI Directory:

b) go to your Business System -> Service -> Adapter Specific Identifiers

c) import the business system name from the SLD using the "Compare with SLD" button.

d)Activate the changes and check if it is working.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

did you check the below given blog on question 3??

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Also check if your cache is updated correctly after activating the objects once u add the LS name in the adapter specific details in BS.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

first you need to check business system assigned or not. in ID business system menu you have an option called adpter specific attributes to click that one enter apply.

regards,

ganesh.n

arijit_mukherjee2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just do the Header mapping in Receiver Agreement and put the Logical system name for Sender/Receiver and the PI system itself.

If Message coming from other system into PI,then put the logical name of PI System at Receiver Side and local name of sender at Sender system/Party.

Do this if the flow is reverse as well by changing the position.

Rgds,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The blog below suggests to use the logical system name -

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Also please see note:

792333 IDoc adapter: Converting partners

Regards,

Sarah

Edited by: Sarah Hall on Aug 23, 2011 4:51 PM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Go to your integration process in ID, and chose from menu, if you any option to specify the adapter specific parameters.

Give the logical system name and also make sure you have a logical system and partner profile created for that logical system in your backend system.

Best Regards,

Ravi

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simple solution:

In Receiver agreement header mapping - sender component name is Receiver Bussiness component/system name.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Forum members,

Thank you for all your kind response. I have been trying all your suggested methods.

With your kind responses make me remember old proverb " A friend in need is a friend indeed".

Forum is definately a friend indeed for me.

Hi Ravi,

Your method worked now the error message has changed to this form now

"Receiver service HORIZONISU cannot be converted into an ALE logical system".

The HORIZONISU does not have a logical system name in SLD as well as in ID.

Is this the reason of error?

Please suggest.

regards

Anupam

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya this is the reason of the error.

In SLD assign some logical system name for your business system.

In technical system for every client you will assign a logical system name.

And in Business system it will automatically reflect.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as long as you have control on the header mapping you will be able to resolve it.

You need to either have the logical system name defined in the BS. If it is a SAP system, it surely will have. For third party business systems you will have to manually define it. Also in the header mapping you can go ahead and provide the business system or service / business component. Even for the BPM/IP you can manually add the logical system entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is sender party and receiver party mapping in each receiver agreement, for other idoc scenarios.

"Receiver service HORIZONISU cannot be converted into an ALE logical system". The HORIZONISU does not have a logical system name in SLD as well as in ID.

Is this the reason of error?

HORIZONISU is defined as Business Serivce.., right? so go to in Adapter Specific Identifiers enter logical system name for IDOC Adapter. For ex: give HORIZONISU as LS for IDoc adapter and try.

If it is defined as Party, let me know to check further.

Cheers

Veera

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Forum members,

I think I must provide some more information

1. you can see the receiver agreement in this link http://postimage.org/image/2edcfm22s/

2. The sender BPM service is shown here http://postimage.org/image/2o91n6m1w/

3. The receiver business system/service is shown here http://postimage.org/image/2ejtmdzpg/

so you can see the receiver business system is not having any logical name.

4. Now here is the screenshot of SLD of the receiver business system http://postimage.org/image/2en6cmbr8/

Thus we can conclude we have receiver as business system and not service.

I informed our BASIS team, they say that they have not done any changes to the existing SLD.

So do you think SLD needs a change, to include logical name??

Please advice.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Chitrabhanu,

Thank you so much the problem is finally solved by populating my IDOC control record in the mapping for SNDPRN, SNDPRT, RCVPRN, RCVPRT fields. I have removed the XPath sender and receiver values in receiver agreement header mapping still the scenareo is working. I have also removed logical system identifier from Adapter Specific identifier from the BPM as sender.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Aug 30, 2011 2:25 PM