cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Autostart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

got a question, maybe a very simple one (but has not been able to find any documentation about it). I have installed Solution Manager 7.0 on a Windows server. When the server is booted, four services are loaded and running. No errors.

To start the Solution Manager, I have to open the SAP MMC client and select the server, right click and select start. The system is then starting up, and we can connect to. No errors.

Is it possible to configure the system to auto start/load when the server is boot, or do we have to log on the Windows and execute the manual process?

Sorry for the question from a complete noob..

Thanks, Kjeld

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think anyone answered your original question. You want your SolMan to start automatically after the server is rebooted. The answer is to add this parameter to the START profile (located in /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile):

Autostart = 1

Note the parameter is case-sensitive. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can start the SAP system via script as Windows user <sid>adm:

Open a Commend Prompt and type:

startsap name=<SID> nr=<SAP system number> SAPDIAHOST=<hostname>

That you maybe can put somewhere in a start script of Windows (i am no expert in this area).

regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your input. I have tried, but dont get it work..

i have tried the commands

D:\usr\sap\SMV\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64>startsap name=SMV nr=00 sapdiahost=sapsm01

and

D:\usr\sap\SMV\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64>startsap name=SMV nr=01 sapdiahost=sapsm01

Only the 1 instance will start, not the 0. So somethings seems to load, but not correctly..

Any hints?

Br Kjeld

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/b3/903925c34a45e28a2861b59c3c5623/content.htm

Use the service process sapstartsrv.exe

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

so if you have two different SAP systems on your host you have to execute the startsap command with each user.

Also take a look at thread:

[;

Regards

Christian

Edited by: Christian Rose on Aug 24, 2011 2:41 PM