cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a variable config material. The variable characteristics are not linked to BOM items and do not exist as materials. I want to be able to price by a characteristic but can not get it to work.

I have characteristics;

Activity - defined as Char (12)

Pricing - defined as Char(26) with additional data pointing to SDCOM-VKOND.

I have a dependancy setupas a procedure with:

$self.PRICING = $self.ACTIVITY.

I have VA00 in my pricing procedure, but when I create a sales order, it does not pass the entered value from the characteristic Activity through to Pricing.

When I do an analysis on pricing it shows that the value against Variant is empty.

Why is it not passing the value entered against Activity through to Pricing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Kindly Check the following Steps once again

T-Code: CT04 u2013 Characteristic: ACTIVITY

Characteristic Values: 10GBQ, 12GBQ, 15GBQ

T-Code: CL02 u2013 Zclass and Class Type is 300 and basic data must be released and under Char tab you need to enter the Characteristic like Activity

T-Code: MM01 Create Material Master

T-Code: CU41 Configurable Profile, under that u need to select the material and enter the material and specify the Class Type 300

T-Code: CT04 Price: ZPRICE and status must be released

Maintain Dependencies:

T-Code :CT04 and select the Required Characteristic and maintain the Price by using the Dependency type u201Cprocedure u201C by using the Syntax u201C$SELF.PRICE CHARACTERISTIC= u2018VARIANTu2019

For example: $self. PRICE= u201810GBQu2019

Maintain the Condition Record by using the t-Code Vk11 and in the select the item category by using the T-Code VOV7 and the field u201CStructure Scope Mention the u201CCu201D

Try and revert

Regards,

prasanna

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you please clarify what are the Characteristics you have define and Characteristics values ?

Did u create Class by using T-Code CL02 if yes under class did u assign all the Characteristics ?

Did you maintained the configurable Material by using T-Code CU41 ?

U need to maintain the syntax like "$SELF.PRICE CHARACTERISTIC= u2018VARIANTu2019" , here variant is Characteristics values

and also maintain the material master with Classification View and also item cat group 0002

after that maintain the Condition record for those variants

Try to check and revert

Regards,

Prasanna

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the presentations, but I had already seen these. But I still can't see where I am going wrong.

So, further help is appreciated.

Regards,

Ray W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

1. Configuration Profile has been created for the material

2. Can't see how to assign the Object Dependency to the Configuration Profile. Please advise.

Ray W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray ,

As per my Understanding , you need to create a Varaint Key for that Activity (can be same as char name ) , maintain VK11 with the varaint key in condition type VA00.

Now you need to write procedure for the variant key to link the characteristis value in CU01.(while creating the dependency u will allow to name the depency on your own )Please ensure the dependency should be released after creation of dependency.

Now go to configuration profile CU41 , after entering the material on the initial screen , highligh the profile and click on the top menu --> dependency. Here you can paste the dependency name that you have created.

Please let me know if it works fine.

Thanks and Regards

Praveen S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thiis has all been done.

But still values is not being passed to variant in pricing.

Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Ray W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praseen,

Details below:

Characteristic ACTIVITY Char(12) with values assigned of 10GBQ, 12GBQ, 15GBQ. Each value has dependency entered like

$self.PETPRICING = '10GBQ'.

Characteristic PRICING Char(26) with Table SDCOM and field VKOND in Additional data.

Class VARIANT with characteristics ACTIVITY and PRICING assigned.

Dependency ZPRICE created with:

$self.PRICING = $self.ACTIVITY.

But when I create a sales order and enter the required value for the characteristic ACTIVITY, it is not passing the value through to condition VA00 in pricing.

Regards,

Ray W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ray,

What OD do you have on char ACTIVITY values ? It seems a selection condition or a precondition ? Also where is OD ZPRICE assigned. It seems to me that the value for characteristic ACTIVITY is not filled in correctly. Please run a configuration trace and see which OD is failing . It seems that they are not run successfully. It mainly depends on where the OD is assigned. general if you are using SDCOM VKOND and going to set values based on the other then best is to assign them all to the configuration profile as there is a certian sequence on how they are run.

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

Please follow the below steps:

1) Create a characteristics(say ACTIVITY) with 3 values(Ensure it is 'released')

2) Create a Characteristics PRICING.(Ensure it is 'released', in Addln data SDCOM/VKOND should be maintained)

3) Create a dependency(say SETPRICING) as $self.Pricing = $self.Activity (ensure the dependency is released)

4) Assign the dependency in the Configuration Profile.

5) Maintain Condition record for the variant(should be exactly the value of the Characteristics ACTIVITY)

If you do the above pricing should happen. Stil if you dont find any pricing then let me know if the Value you entered for characteristics ACTIVITY is getting transferred to characteristics PRICING?

With Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray ,

Hope if you try this !!!

Creata a variant Key 'ACTIVITY'' in VK11 in condition type VA00.(please note SAP dominated the Upper /lower cases in varaint key )

Now create the procedure (with help of SDCOM tabe char)

e.g

$self.Zvarcon = 'ACTIVITY'

If you create this procedure as Global dependency , then you name the depency and assign the procedure to the charateristic value in T-code CT04 against the characteristic.

OR

You can directly write the depency by going to CT04 --> Values (for which value you want the system to calculate the amount ) click on the top menu obeject depency.

You need to write depency with different variant keys for rest of the char values and assigned the procedure to the values .

For sure this will work.

Please let me now the result.

Thanks and Regards

Praveen S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

It is now working.

Regards,

Ray W