cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Is there any relationship between Sold to party ´s account group and item category determination? I have a problem when I´m creating my sales document:

Transaction XXX is not defined(This combination of item category XXX and MRP type for material is not allowed..), I checked everything (MRP type,item category group..etc) and the combination is Ok..

But when I changed the sold to party by other one(with different account group) , the sales document is created correctly..

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no relation between Customer's acnt group and item category.

The system is not able to determine the Schedule Line Category which is a combination of your item category and MRP type on material master.

You might be getting this error coz maybe for the customer and material in case I there is a Customer Master Info record and a item usage maintained in it. Hence, the item category is determined differently from case II? Is that right?

Regards

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer, I´m totally agree with you: this error is normally displayed when combination of your item category and MRP type on material maste is not correct, but in this case is due to other thing: There is no a Customer Master Info record u2026

As I reported; I´ve only changed the sold to party (I didn´t change the material )..

I think the problem is due to the account group coz:

My sales order type is assigned to PPP partner determination procedure, but my sold to party account group is assigned partner to a different determination procedure which doesn´t include one mandatory function that is mandatory in PPP ..

Is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmmm..strange! can you check if the new customer's Ship To or any other partner functions has a CMIR with the material you're using?

as far as I know there is no relation between account group and item category / schedule line category determination.. unless there is some user exit logic in MV45AFZZ?

Regards

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell us what is the item category determined in case I and case II ?

Regards

RS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think changing the sold to party has any relation to your earlier error. Did you also change the material?

The error you got was because schedule line category wasn't defined for your item category & MRP type.

The MRP type comes from your material. Hence if you have maintained assignment of schedule line categories, try entering a case where you use a material with a MRP type & item category combination for which schedule line category is defined.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer, I´m totally agree with you: this error is normally displayed when combination of your item category and MRP type on material maste is not correct.u2026

As I reported; I´ve only changed the sold to party (I didn´t change the material )..and it works..

My sales order type is assigned to PPP partner determination procedure, but my sold to party account group is assigned partner to a different determination procedure which doesn´t include one mandatory function that is mandatory in PPP ..

Is that correct?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please answer the below question -

In your sales order, what is the item category for the Sold to that doesnot work? & what is the item cat. for sold to that works, and the schedule line category?

For both these item categories check VOV5, for what is schedule line category in your assignment.

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 23, 2011 12:05 PM

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 23, 2011 1:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer, I´m totally agree with you: this error is normally displayed when combination of your item category and MRP type on material master is not correct, but in this case is due to other thing..

The item categy for both case is the same..