cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ll,

I`ve created an interactive form which calls a webservice on clicking a button.

The webservice creates a purchase order and should respond with the order number. The order number should be displayed in a text field in the form. The import of the text field is bound to the export of the webservice. When I hit the button the first time the order is created succesfully, but the order number isn`t shown in the text field. Every further call responds with the order number.

Thanks in advance for any hint!

BR,

Flo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Your webservice is successfully called, but your layout needs to be merged with your new data. This is why you do not see the order number the first time.

This can be done by calling your service with xfa.(..yourContext..).execute(1) instead of xfa.(..yourContext..).execute(0), parameter 1 meaning data will be merged.

If this still does not work, you may force with instruction xfa.form.recalculate(1), but I am not sure it works.

Hope this helps.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I have few questions on this. Did you checked that in sap directly. When you are getting that issue while calling in sap or from external system. Please check all parameters export,import,retun. Is it customized one or standard one.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Check the system and application errors while calling for the first time. I assume that u r using a client proxy for it. Alternatively in se80, you directly execute the proxy by giving the input parameters (hard coded) and check whether the reponse there and then itself.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you,

regards,

Naresh.