cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed PI 7.1 EHP1 PRD system on AIX 6.1 and DB2 LUW 9.1. Now the issue is that java engine is not starting with the following error :

OS: [258] 10:53:35 ***Warning: pthread_create failed (11, Resource temporarily unavailable)

ERROR: Server process failed to start due to:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:704)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.ThreadManagerImpl.init(ThreadManagerImpl.java:304)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.loadSingleManager(Framework.java:630)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.loadManagers(Framework.java:394)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.start(Framework.java:329)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.sap.engine.boot.FrameThread.startFramework(FrameThread.java:155)

at com.sap.engine.boot.FrameThread.run(FrameThread.java:179)

at com.sap.engine.boot.StartFrame.work(StartFrame.java:93)

at com.sap.engine.boot.Start.main(Start.java:35)

The current parameter values are :

userprocesses 1024

Heap&Max.Heap 2048

Permsize&MaxPermsize 1024

Newsize&MaxNewsize 512

I have tried by reducing the values of heap,permsize but to no avail. I still get the same error. What more should i try?? Any ideas?? Should i increase the user processes??

Note: This is PRD system and needs to be up immediately.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have resolved the issue by increasing the Heap size to double the value. Once we increased the value the Java system was up.

Thanks All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is still existing....please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced the same problem in my Project , In this case only one of the FTP Trhead is actively working out of defined FTP threads (which is more than one ). We have resolved the same issue by restarting the FTP adater.

You can also check how many Threads are active and how many are Deadlock state in RWB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It seems one of the Thread / Process gone into Dead Lock stage , can you try with force full re-start of Java engine wihch might help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried but in vain.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any more ideas??

java.lang.outofmemoryError :Unable to create new native thread

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OOM error occures in java engine if there is no enough memory in the Java heap memory. So increaset the J2EE WAS heap memory so that it can provide enough resources and memory to newly creating java threads. Dont reduce the Heap memory.

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

The heap memory is already 2048MB and in one of the threads in SDN, it was asked to reduce the size of heap and perm, as large heap and perm size can cause this error. Do you think i should increase the size of Heap? or both heap and perm? to what value?

Thanks