0 Kudos
100 sales organization 
200 distribution channel 

80 common division
81 division wholesale
82 division retail
83 division consignment

100 and 200 and 80 is one SALES AREA.

If you have that data above, do I still have to create the ff sales area below?

100 - 200 - 81
100 - 200 - 82
100 - 200 - 83

My understanding is if the common division is already set, it will take the position for the rest of the division. Please correct me if I am wrong. With my project I have so many distribition channels and so many divisions and the possible combination for the sales area and assignment of the to the sales office will be immense. I need to know if I can just used the common division and common distribution channel for them.

Another question is, if I already used common division for a sales area, how can I retrieve the report for all other division when the sales area is only using a common division?

Edited by: Anwar2012 on Aug 23, 2011 3:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make settings in OVR1

100 - 00 - 00 - 00

100 - 10 - 10 - 00

100 - 20 - 20 - 00

100 -30 - 30 - 00

In VOR2

100 - 00 - 00 - 00

Now when you create customer master you can only create both for area 100 - 00 - 00

But when you create any sales document you can put any sales area system will accept that because in OVR1 you maintained condition distribution Chanel are 10/20/30

You will get sales report as per area too

Kapil

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your first question, you will have to maintain all the required combinations of Sales Org, Division and Distribution channel in the enterprise structure. After creating the organizational structure and master data in the common distribution channels and common divisions, you can group distribution channels and divisions separately for master data and group condition records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go through this IMG activity documentation on common distribution channels and divisions:

Define Common Distribution Channels

You can use this menu item to define distribution channels which have common master data. The allocation is valid within a sales organization.

Example

You can, for example, create customer master data for distribution channel "01" and define it so that it is valid for distribution channels "02" and "03".

Note

The master data shared by several distribution channels applies to conditions and customer and material master data.

This helps you minimize the cost of creating and maintaining the master data.

You can also update statistics for each distribution channel and division without creating the master data for the different sub-areas of the organization.

Activities

Define the distribution channel from which master data is to be copied into other distribution channels.

Define Common Divisions

In this step, you define the divisions that common master data should apply to. The definition is valid within each sales organization.

Example

You can determine, for example, that the conditions which are valid in division "01" also apply to divisions "05" and "06".

Note

The common master data across various divisions refer to the conditions and the customer master data.

You thus minimize the effort of entering and managing master data.

In addition, you can extrapolate your own statistics per division without having to create master data in the different organizational subareas.

Action

For the divisions, define from which other division the master data should be copied.

Regards

Madhu

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Common Dist. Channel / Division is used for reducing the Master Data maintenance. In your example you will have to maintain the Sales Area for all the combination.

However when you maintain the Common Division 80 in your case, then you do not need to maintain the Price Condition for all the division, but only for Common Division 80 only.

For more detail you may go through the help in IMG > Sales and Distribution> Master Data --> Define Common Distribution Channels / Define Common Divisions

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand