cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login sapgui for html(Webgui) from LAN

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am newbie,i have configured webgui in sap.It is working fine in server.But when i try to access same url with ip instead of host name from LAN,It shows logon screen,but i cant able to login.What may be the reason?

Then when i logoff from browser it is getting logged off,but when i refresh the page again it is getting logged in without asking password.How to resolve this?please help..

Regards

Asshok R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it might be not able to get the complete host name. add the host name and ip address on your system hosts file and then give a try.

Regards,

Subhash

0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for ur reply.How to add the host name and ip address on your system hosts file?

This is url which i am using from my system

http://172.16.1.85:8001/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

When i enter above url in my system,i can see logon screen with username and password field with warning

"No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password".When i enter username and password,it just refreshes the page and not logging or not showing any error.

The url which i am using in the server is

http://ecc.abc.com:8001/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Here same screen with same warning,but i can able to login and access SAP

System Info :

DB : Oracle

Regards,

Asshok R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Assok,

As subash said You have to add above Host & IP address details on Host file under the directory system32\drivers\etc

Edited by: thomas_raja on Aug 23, 2011 10:55 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks a lot..It is working fine now.I have question,do we need to do to add in host file manually in all end user's system those who access this webgui??or any other way to write scripts?

And also please tell me "when i logoff and login or refresh url session is not getting expired,How to solve this problem?"

Regards

Asshok R

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you only need to update host file on server.. not on every end user system.

for other problem, check :

Note 213347 - system->logoff does not end the user session

thanks

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per Ashish said that you should update the host & IP address details belongs to server not an client system.

And the Logoff & Refresh problem is something SSO Cookies Ticket.

Regards

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I have updated in host file in server only but it doesnt work.I have checked in more than 3 systems.After updating same in client,it works..is there any other solution??

Regards

Asshok R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you update the Host file name from SIDADM not an Administrator User

How many client system is there? or else update the Client system also.

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: thomas_raja on Aug 23, 2011 12:45 PM

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what URL you are using from client system which do not work ?

and what entry you maintained in host file..

Also, do a ping from client system to SAP server.. which one works ? IP or hostname ? list the details of it please.

thanks

ashish

0 Kudos

In Server :

Host File :

172.16.1.85 ecc6.abc.com

==============================

In Client :

Run:/ ping 172.16.1.85 - It is pinging because of network connectivity

Ping ecc6.abc.com - It is not pinging

Only if i give the below in host file of Client system,It works :

Host File :

172.16.1.85 ecc6.abc.com

If i give the above in host file

Ping ecc6.abc.com -IT PINGS

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct... Seems like you installed SAP as a local install rather than as a domain install.

If your server is not registered in the DNS you wont get a ping while calling the hostname.

No surprises here.

Regards

Juan

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, in this case TCP/IP and Host Name Resolution do not seems to working.

So, on client system, any URL with your SAPhostname will not work, but should work with IP url without maintaining host file on client system.

if you want to use URL with hostname, i think u need to update all client system but i am not sure, there may be another better way..I'm not good in network, i dont know

thanks

ashish

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for ur help guys.It is working now if i save hostname and ip in host file in userend(client system),If you get solution to simplify in server alone pls share it here..

I have 2 more questions :

1. When i click on Logoff,it takes more time to get log off and screen gets hanged and it is not logging out from the screen.How

to overcome the performance issue here?

2. When i click on Logoff,session is not clearing.I dont have access to download sap notes 213347,If any one have access pls

give solution.

Regards

Asshok R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What is your RAM size?

2. Without Suser Id you can't download the notes. Just ask your friends or colleagues who has having S User id then only you can go ahead

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

My RAM size is 2GB

Server RAM size is 4GB

I dont feel logging off takes time cos of RAM size.It was logging off well before,now screen strucks and not getting logged off..I am just closing the window.

Regards

Asshok R

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

My system RAM size is 2GB

Server RAM size is 4GB

I dont feel logging off takes time cos of RAM size.It was logging off well before,now screen strucks and not getting logged off..I am just closing the window.

Regards

Asshok R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change profile parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time as well as run with Transaction SGEN ( It will take around 5 hrs depends upon size ) after that it will be fast or else you have to use /nex transaction instead of Logoff Button

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: thomas_raja on Aug 23, 2011 2:55 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have downloaded that SAP Note.I have pasted the solution here.

Solution : system->logoff does not end the user

Within self developed IACs it should be possible to add "?~command=logoff"

to the end of the URL to log off and destroy SSO information.

In most cases it is better to not create the SSO cookies in the first place

(usually set within global.srvc):

ITS User Cookie (cookie MYSAPSSO)

~mysapcomnosso1cookie 1

~usertimeout 0

SAP Logon Ticket (cookie MYSAPSSO2)

~mysapcomgetsso2cookie 0

But i am not aware of how to do it.Pl can u tell me step by step procedure?I have searched for global.srvc file in SAP Installed folder,but i cant find..Pls help

Regards

Asshok R

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please find the folder under the directory <ITS>\<Instance name >\<Services>

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: thomas_raja on Aug 24, 2011 8:41 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am really sorry..I didnt find ITS folder in Server.I have searched the same using search folder option in all drives.I didnt find..

~mysapcomnosso1cookie 1

~usertimeout 0

~mysapcomgetsso2cookie 0

How to add the above parameter in global.srvc file?Is there any other way to find or using tcode can we add in sapgui?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with ITS service file parameter mysapcomnosso1cookie to the value 1 in the system's global service file global.srvc

Regards

Thomas

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your SAP release.. means what version of ITS you are using.. standalone ITS or integrated ITS ??

The global.srvc file used with the standalone ITS do not exist in the integrated ITS !!

for integrated ITS :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/9f/d7e78dba974ee29dc912d114d1816a/content.htm

thanks

ashish

Edited by: ashish vikas on Aug 24, 2011 10:25 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

SAP Version :

SAP ECC 6.0

Oracle 10.2.0.2.0

I think we have Integrated ITS.Is there any other way to add these parameter??

Regards

Asshok R

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

U are not understanding my question..I cant able to find global.srvc file in server,then how to add that parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with the name of <servicename>.srvc

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

global.srvc, webgui.srvc, and <Servicename>.srvc files and their service parameters used with the standalone ITS do not exist in the integrated ITS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4f/2e6a52c3cdc44d83169b181a9c62ba/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/08/9c3e9f42589b4dbb9b8b43b1dde48f/content.htm

thanks

ashish

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Thanks..I understand that in Integrated ITS Global.srvc file will not be present.

I want to add the below parameters

~mysapcomnosso1cookie 1

~usertimeout 0

~mysapcomgetsso2cookie 0

Then how to add these??can u explain me briefly in steps?

Regards

Asshok R

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry Asshok, i have not changed this parameters myself, i can not answer you now.

as i understand from sap documents, some of ITS parameters can be changed by RZ10/SITSPMON.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/2e6a52c3cdc44d83169b181a9c62ba/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/d5653ff19e9f75e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

if this is your development system, you may try it. or someone will answer you(i will be interested to know this as well).

thanks

ashish