cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add new characteristics into SNP Planning Object Structure?

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

how to add new characteristics into SNP Planning Object Structure with SNP possible choice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unlike DP, SNP master data is based on APO master data, like location, product, resource, transportation lane ...

I don't think that there's a chance to add new characteristics to a SNP planning object structure.

In DP's MPOS, you can add free characteristics, like, Customer, but this is not supported in SNP.

Could you please tell us your scenario, that why you need such a POS?

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

In my scenario, I work in both DP and SNP. Firstly, I run Forecast in DP, and then, I release the Requirements (created by Forecast) in to SNP.

Because in DP, I want to drill down/up data by some other dimensions like Region, Product Group, Product Type so I added these characteristic in to DP's MPOS.

In SNP, I also want to drill down/up data as in DP. So I think that I have to create my own SNP's MPOS with characteristics: Region, Product Group, Product Type (beside standard characteristics APO Location, APO Product, APO Resource, APO Transportn Lane..).

I tried to added above characteristics to my own created SNP's MPOS, but when I check the box "SNP Possible", the system only choose the default charateristics for SNP's POS like: APO Location, APO Product, APO Resource, APO Transportn Lane...

Is my idea right? If yes, how to do?

If not, Please give me suggestion.

Thanks very much for your help.

HungTH

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I have found it is not possible to add extra characteristics to the SNP planning area.

Our system has a few extra master data elements in the drop-down to aid in selections, but I have not figured out where the last consultant added these! Only helps guiding a selection though, so not a lot of advantage.

There are Aggregated planning books that you can set up. Seperate planning book structure, where you map - say a material planning group to a dozen SKUs and then plan at the aggregated level in the aggregated planning book (extra maintenance of the duplicate master data) and then the (run A job I think to cascade the data down the lower levels). We are planning on using this functionality if it works out worth doing with the extra master data of materials, Boms, Pds;s etc - ie BOMS/PDS's at both levels.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normal DP to SNP release will only consider location product, the other characteristics are iginored.

I still don't think it's possible to add customizing characteristics o SNP POS. And the fucntionality is also not supported by SAP.

Best Regards,

Ada

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to plan other than the standard Location and product characteristics in SNP, you may try with 'Descriptive characteristics'. But in that case also, you can't do the drill down/up in the planning book. But in the Product view, you can filter down using this descriptive characteristics. Please refer the below link for further details,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/04/c9c23b95c8466ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manimaran M.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain your requirement in detail. Isnt your SNP planning area based on the standard MPOS. Why do you want to change that. Actually i dont think the standard MPOS can be changed

Thanks

Aparna