cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several inbound interfaces in intagrated configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to use an intagrated cnfiguration object for scenario with several inbound interfaces on a receiver side. As for now, I have a usual condition-based interface determination for my receiver system. I've studied all features of "Revceiver Interfaces" tab in IC object as well as corresponding documentation, but found no way to use 2-3 inbound interfaces with conditions for same receiver.

So the question is: how can we use IC object to have several interfaces on receiver system? I'm talking not about message split, since it's impossible for IC, but about interface determination based on message content.

Thanks!

Dmitriy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Content based routing and message splitting is not possible in IC object , You can create this scenario using enhanced interface determination or multimapping

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

please check these links

thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some investigation it appeared that different operations at outbound interface can't have the same message type - no matter how it introduced (msg type, external difinition, etc). At the same time my sender system can supply just one msg type.

Any other ideas?

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell how many sender interface you have and how many reeciver interface you have

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how can we use IC object to have several interfaces on receiver system?

you cannot add multiple receiver interfaces in Integrated Configuration...more reference:

it appeared that different operations at outbound interface can't have the same message type

yes you cannot duplicate the messages....even if you name the operation differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got 1 sender interface and 8 receiver interfaces. Thay must be chosen according to msg content.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can still use the same message structure as long as the target namespace is different. This applies to xsds/wsdls and MTs. However, you need to edit the xsds/wsdls/MT for the target namespaces (need to create these namespaces as well). The different namespaces but same message structure is very similar as to how the SOAP action works for webservices.

I'm wondering how you will be receiving the interfaces, is it via proxies or webservices? If the target namespaces will not be different, I'm afraid you can't use ICO for your scenario.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Aug 23, 2011 11:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, I don't quite understand you. My target interfaes will be different and I'm going to use SOAP adapter via XI protocol while connecting to ERP through proxy. What do you mean saying "You can still use the same message structure as long as the target namespace is different."?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dmitry,

Your scenario was 1 sender to 8 receiver interfaces right? What I meant was, to use the same sender structure in your stateless outbound service interface, the target namespaces of the sender message type must be different. This implies that you have 8 separate namespaces for each inbound interface, with the same outbound message type created in these namespaces. This is the only way to use ICO in your scenario.

Hope this clears things,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Aug 23, 2011 4:06 PM

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

So the question is: how can we use IC object to have several interfaces on receiver system? I'm talking not about message split, since it's impossible for IC, but about interface determination based on message content.

Yes, it is possible to use several interfaces on a receiver system. The key here is to group your message types/ed/wsdl under a single outbound interface. You can do this by:

1.) In your outbound service interface, use Stateless as your interface pattern

2.) Then under the operations tab, add as many operations as you need. For example, operation1 uses mestype, operation2 uses xsd, and operation 3 uses wsdl and so on...

3.) Configure your inbound service interface, you can separate them or group them as you like (it depends if they will be using different comm channels) For example, operation 1 can use inbound service interface 1, operations 2 and 3 can use inbound service interface 2

4.) Configure operation mappings (per operation).

5.) After cofiguring your comm channels, create the integrated configuration

6.) Make sure you have a value under the Select Component Version of Sender Interface.

7.) Your created operation mappings will appear under the receiver interfaces

8.) And under outbound processing, there will appear the inbound service interfaces

I hope I have explained this clearly.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Aug 23, 2011 9:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark

Indeed, a very clear explanation!

Thanks!