cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending and Receiving multiple Zip files and a Finish file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is regarding an issue I am facing in my current project.

Issue Description :

I have to pick 5 zip files from a source location (here , PI file directory location ) on the basis of a finish file for example done.dat (empty file).

Post the zip files to target location (here ftp location ). Once all the five zip files are posted, the finish file should also be posted . Finish file should be posted to the target location ONLY AFTER all the zip files have been posted.

Is there any approach where I can achieve this requirement. My major issue is posting the five zip files and the finish file after that, to the target location . I can pick the source files from the source location without bothering about the finish file(or even with the finish file, using sender file adapter with additional files options) . Since the receiver file adapter does not support attachments and neither can my requirement be fulfilled by Soap axis adapter on receiver end, as this posts the attachments in a folder .

If you could provide some solution to post all the five files and then the finish file to the target location that would solve my problem.

Looking forward for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anumeha,

You need to use BPM for this. Message orchestration can only be achieved in SAP PI using BPM.

On the sender side you need to have 2 recieve steps for the 2 type of files.

After mapping define 2 send steps in sequence that will ensure that the files are posted to target system only in the specified sequence.

Please refer to below link for more details on BPM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/65d4dab39b0398e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sanjeev.