cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are trying to call a webservice from PI using a receiver soap adapter. I am following the link

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

to configure and then trouble shoot using TCP Gateway. Howver, this is not returning any trace values. All it does is goes into a status saying "Waiting for connection" - can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong.

Please let me know what all information is needed and I would provide the same. SAP is not wililng to help on this, as TCP Gateway is not a tool supported by SAP.

Any suggestion would highly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anuradha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradhu,

You can follow below steps to triuble shoot:

1. Make sure that web serivce url is up and running. Hoow to do you check it? simple paste the WS url in the any browser and check page is opening or not, it may ask you to provide user/pwd. If page itself is not opening then there is problem with WS.

2. If WS url is working fine then: if url your accessing is HTTPS ie.secure then you should make sure that you have enabled SSL in your PI J2EE WAS by deploying the cryptographic libraries and also make sure you have imported all the neccessary Thrusted CA certificates into the Keystore service of NWA. If you are not using HTTPS then check point 3.

3. Check if any proxy server configured between WS server and PI server, if yes please provide the proxy server details in SOAP receiver adapter.

4. If everything is fine till 3rd point then, to get to know what is the real problem, enable trace serverity to debug for the location com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.* usinf log configurator and check the defult trace files for error. if you provide this relevant error then we may help you in this.

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra.

I have checked Points 1 and 2. How do i check point 3? Please advice.

Thanks.

Anuradha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

You just need to ask your WS administrator, especially network team wheather they have put any proxy setting before any connection to the WS.

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anuradha,

If you what to test the web service

First Install SOAP UI on your client desk top and try to test the web service whether you are getting the response or not from the web service. If you are getting the proper response when we are doing the standalone test and it is not reaching the PI then you need to Go for Gateway.

You need to specify the target url under connecion parameters , soap action under conversion parameters.

Specify corresponding modulesin the under module tab .

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install the TCP gateway software in PI server not in your local machine.

In communication channel replace the original host name with your PI server host name or loopback IP(127.0.0.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish.

I have download the TCP Gateway. the URL being used in the reciever adapter is

http://127.0.0.1:50001/XXX.Document/Document.asmx?channel=:CC_POTermsCond_WS

In the Tcp gateway tool, I specified the follows:

Listen Port#: 50001

Target Host name: 127.0.0.1

Target Port: 80

When i send the message from RWB, nothing shows up in the TCP gateway tool. All i get is the status message shows "Waiting for connection..."

What else needs to be done?

Thanks.

Anuradha.