SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Run Program (FPY1)

former_member221838
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to understand payment run process (FPY1) and outbound direct debit file generation using standard transactions. We are using NACHA defined ACH format (which is a standard format used by US based banks). I found below event Modules for Payment Medium Formats: FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_00, FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_20, FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_30, FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_40. Unfortunately I am not able to determine their usefulness.

As per my understanding FPY1 updates DPAYH table and then run program "SAPFKPY3" to generate a file but then whats the use of function modules mentioned above?

Also, when I ran "SAPFKPY3" it generated message saying "Format ACH: No payment mediums created - No payment media were created for payment group 0 for format ACH." I am damn sure I am missing something, but don't know what.

Any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks.

-

Kind Regards,

Nikhil J.

9 REPLIES 9

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The FMs that you have mentioned in your post are used to create the ACH format file that is send to the banks.

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_20-For File Header

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_30-For Batch header

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_ACH_40-For Payment Details

You can view these FMs by going to Transaction Code-FQP3. Select in the ACH format and clicking on "Event Module for Payment medium formats.

So, the ACH file that gets created during the FPY1 run is actually done by the standard program SAPFKPY3 with the help of these preconfigured FM's linked to the ACH payment medium format.

Now to the error that you are getting.Firstly Check whether the payment proposal list is getting generated or not.

If the payment proposal is not there, then there is some basic problem in the configuration settings.

(a) Check the company code for which you are running the FPY1 run, is the Payment medium linked with that in the config.

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Payments->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation->

Define Payment Methods

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Payments->Incoming/Outgoing Payment Creation->

Define Specifications for Paying Company Code

If the payment proposal is there, then the problem is only there in the payment medium format.

(a) Check the FM's are linked to the ACH format in FQP3.

(b) Note 1064779 also involves some manual activities to be performed apart from the code changes.

The manual activites are as follows and has to be perfomed one after another.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

As always thanks for your response Amlan. It helps a lot. I will go through your suggestions ASAP (unfortunately can't test them right now).

Just one more question - so if my company needs standard NACHA ACH file output - it seems that I can use this standard SAP config and generate a direct debit/ACH file (a separate interface/enhancement development not needed) Whats your view on that? Dumb question - but don't have any other option as I am not able to test it.

Thanks once again for your help.

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Your understanding is correct. Unless and until, you have some requirement to send some additional informations in the ACH file to the bank, which are not present in the standard file format, you do not have to make any new developments and the standard ACH format will solve the purpose.

You only have to some basic config settings, like Assignment of the payment medium format with company code and payment methods etc.for using the standard ACH format.

Hope it clarifies your query....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan. I successfully generated ACH file from above transaction.

I was going through SDN post - .

Is it possible to add pre-note entries in the same file (ACH file containing details for direct debit)?

I tried to create pre-note file but failed. How do I populate or update table DFKKPNBKA (Prenotification data (latest)) ?

0 Kudos

One thing I found out that when I generated this ACH file using program: SAPFKPY3 on the application server, it printed extra space between every two characters. If I check that file in AL11; SAP displays extra '#' symbol between every two characters and if I download that file on the desktop it appears as a space. Could you please tell me how do I remove that extra '#' space?

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Have you activated the events 1025 and 1052 with FM's FKK_PRENOTE_ACH_1025 and FKK_PRENOTE_ACH_1052 respectively.This would solve your first problem.

For removing the extra # character from the file you need to implement SAP note 1064779.

You will get the steps in the thread

Also check the note 1365764.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply. Acutally I did active both the function modules but it seems that system is passing blank value in the import parameter IV_UPDTASK of function module FKK_PRENOTE_ACH_1052. After modifying this parameter in the background - table DFKKPNBKA got updated. From that I was able to generate file successfully. Though I am not able to figure out why this parameter is blank. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Nikhil.

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I am having the same issues as you discussed in the thread , can you please let me know what you did to resolve them -

Q 1)Is it possible to add pre-note entries in the same file (ACH file containing details for direct debit)?

Q 2) I activated events 1025 and 1052 with FM's FKK_PRENOTE_ACH_1025 and FKK_PRENOTE_ACH_1052 and when I create bank and incoming payment details in the contract account its not updating the table DFKKPNBKA.

Thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

Currently the payment program is generating xml file and it was saved in application server. my new requirement is to place this file on presentation server. I didn't fin the appropriate event to perform this operation. request you to guide me. I am fairly new to CD. appreciate your response. Thanks.

Best,

Rajesh