cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printed Adobe Form - pagination and data content problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been making changes to HR Appraisal Forms and all goes well except when I want to paginate a section.

The text is in a value string.

I define a flowed subform with direction Top to Bottom. binding None

Subform Pagination Place > Following Previous After > Continue Filling Parent If Dataset Paginated > Goto content area (there is only one content arrea defined in this form

Allow Page breaks within content.

I have a table object within the Subform. Place > Following Previous After > Continue Filling Parent If Dataset

The table has a Header row Place > Top of Next Page (this works fine) checked Include Header Row Initial Page and Subsequent Page

the Table row (body) Pagination Place > Following Previous After > Continue Filling Parent If Dataset

When I test with more data than fits on page I get overflow and pagination with the Header on both pages.

The bad the data that overflows to the new page is the same from the start of the first page, it repeats. aso the second page has the content the length of what the overflow data would have been.

How do I get the data NOT to repeat from the beginning on the second page? This should have been easy but I have tried almost everything to correct the problem EXCEPT define all the objects as subforms and use Acessibility to make them work as table or row. Please remember that I am NOT trying to make an interactive form and just want printed overflow.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is this issue is answered? I am also facing the same issue.

Please reply if any solution.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wondering if this issue is answered. I have the same problem 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael.. check the Binding tab on your subform to see if anything looks goofy with "repeat Subform for each data item"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not check repeat on Binding tab as this was a field from a structure as defined in the interface so I did not want to repeat.

I appreciate your response but keep in mind that the overflow page is the length that would have held the remaining text from the first page.

It ought to be obvious. I have even deleted the entire subform and reentered object again as I have found in the past that sometimes things "stick" in the XML from previous design attempts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also think it is obvious, but it is not apparently. I assume your text is a note field or a description. SAP has confirmed the issue in PM but does not supply a solution. See Note 1169947 - Problem with long notes in PDF appraisal template

I am needing the same functionality myself, if I stumble on a solution I will drop you a line.

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice Hagen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will read the note. It seems odd that I could enter a few pages from the book Moby Dick and it would allow that and save the text.

There were two issues.

1 Known. downloading to EXCEL has limitations and this is standard problem.

2. When printing the Adobe form the overflow page content is repeating, I thought this was a rendering problem with Adobe form BUT Adobe has not responded to may inquiries. Also I do not see why the form could have pagination problem only in PM.

But, again I will read the note.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It allows the save as from a process point of view there speaks nothing against having long notes. And in the smartform print and in any other online UI in PM (R/3, BSP, WD) the notes are displayed correctly.

The PDF is just another UI component, and the only one with the issue. To be honest, I think the SAP note is a rubbish answer, and an easy way out. Yes, in general it is better to have short notes on element level and longer pieces of text in an attachment.

But logically speaking, the PDF thing is just plainly a bug.

But we can talk short or long about it, in the end SAP is the one with the final answer

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice Hagen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed. If the pagination occurred after one printed line it would be ridiculous for the overflowed page to have this problem.

but it does. SAP makes me upset at times.

More than ten years ago I got to work in Enkhuizen on and off just working on SAPscripts for many European languages and it was easier than trying to find a method around this dumb issue. And I only speak english. Ha.

thanks again for your feedback