cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process controlled workflows- basic questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SRM 7 process controlled workflows.

I need some help designing the process controlled worlflow for n step approval of shopping cart.

If there are n conditions to be checked for a cart before deetrminig the no of approvers,then does that mean for a BO(in my case Shopping cart),there will be n process schemas or just one process schemas with n process levels?

Also under each process schema,I see multiple expressions/process levels.Does the column "level sequence no" determine the sequqnce of the task in the whole approval process?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are n conditions to be checked for a cart before deetrminig the no of approvers,then does that mean for a BO(in my case Shopping cart),there will be n process schemas or just one process schemas with n process levels?

PCW has more fexible then ACW, SAP has delivered two type of Badi in PCW.

1 . To increase the process level dynamically based on condition for example ( SL Approver ) , you can use '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG'. Refer Enhancement implementation '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC' in se19.

2. You dont want to increase the process level , but you want to determine the approver's based on the product category or p.group or account assignment then you dont need the proces level, you can use Badi '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER'.

Refer Enhancement implementation '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_AGENTS_SC' in se19.

Also under each process schema,I see multiple expressions/process levels.Does the column "level sequence no" determine the sequqnce of the task in the whole approval process?

Yes..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for the prompt response!

Based on your inputs,I think I need to go with option 2 as based on the data in shopping cart e.g. product category,spend limit,total value and a/c assignment catgeory,the no of approvers are determined.

The flow is like:

cond 1: check the prod category,if true,add 1st approver.

cond 2: check reqeuseter spending limit with total value fo cart,if true,add further approver or approvers

cond 3: check a/c assgt category,if true for a particular catgeory,add new approver or approvers using RFC call.

cond 4: check ship-to-address,if a local address,add buyer as last approver.

For a given cart,one or multiple conditions from the above may be true.But the sequence for the cosnidtions is as defined above.

As per my understanding,I need to create only one process schema for "Shopping cart" and then create different BRF expressions for each of the above conditions right?E.g. cond1>level1,cond2>level2 etc...Please advise.

Also under process schema,process level configuration,I see one column for "resp resolvername".What do I need to enter here?My understanding was that this entry will be responsible for determining the approver values...Pls confirm.

Also if I go with option 2,you said BADI SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER' will have to be implemented for determining approvers.So the logic for determining the approvers for each of the above conditions will be implemented in this single badi?

Pls advise.

Also in the event linkage,I need to actiavte only the two entries /SAPSRM/CL_WF_PDO/SRM_PROCESS_START and /SAPSRM/CL_WF_PDO/WS40000014 right?

Also regarding the workflow template,is WS40000014 the only template for all business objects i.e. Shopping cart and PO?

Thanks again for your time and inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

cond 1: check the prod category,if true,add 1st approver.

cond 2: check reqeuseter spending limit with total value fo cart,if true,add further approver or approvers

cond 3: check a/c assgt category,if true for a particular catgeory,add new approver or approvers using RFC call.

cond 4: check ship-to-address,if a local address,add buyer as last approver.

For a given cart,one or multiple conditions from the above may be true.But the sequence for the cosnidtions is as defined above.

As per my understanding,I need to create only one process schema for "Shopping cart" and then create different BRF expressions for each of the above conditions right?E.g. cond1>level1,cond2>level2 etc...Please advise. YES

Also under process schema,process level configuration,I see one column for "resp resolvername".What do I need to enter here?My understanding was that this entry will be responsible for determining the approver values...Pls confirm. THE RESP.RESOLVERNAME IS A FILTER VALUE OF THE BADI.

Also if I go with option 2,you said BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER' will have to be implemented for determining approvers.So the logic for determining the approvers for each of the above conditions will be implemented in this single badi?

Pls advise.

/SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER' IS A BADI DEFINITATION , YOU HAVE TO CREATE IMPLEMENTATION FOR EACH LEVEL USING SAME DEFINITION.

Also in the event linkage,I need to actiavte only the two entries /SAPSRM/CL_WF_PDO/SRM_PROCESS_START and /SAPSRM/CL_WF_PDO/WS40000014 right?

YES

Also regarding the workflow template,is WS40000014 the only template for all business objects i.e. Shopping cart and PO?

YES

Please let us know if you need more information.

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for the detailed answers!!!

I would appreciate if you can clarify the below queries:

Also under process schema,process level configuration,I see one column for "resp resolvername".What do I need to enter here?My understanding was that this entry will be responsible for determining the approver values...Pls confirm. THE RESP.RESOLVERNAME IS A FILTER VALUE OF THE BADI.

-->Can you please explain by what doyou mean by FILTER VALUE of the badi?By Filter value do you mean OBEJCT TYPE lile BUS2121 for Shopping cart?If so,isnst the filter already applied at the PROCESS SCHEMA level?

Also based on the conditions and sequence I need to add the approvers as well as the approval level(e.g. 1st approver = user A,1nd approver = user B etc).Cosnidering this,as per you advice,I need to create an implementation of the BADI for each of the levels in the PROCESS SCHEMA right?But how are these two linked i.e. PROCESS LEVEL and implementation of the BADI?

Also what is the approval level/approval_index I need to set in each of these implementations?

Thanks again for your time .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YES.

Refer Badi '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC' , go into details screen , where you will see the filter option. double click you will the fileter value as BUS2121 AND the responsible resolvername.

-->Can you please explain by what doyou mean by FILTER VALUE of the badi?By Filter value do you mean OBEJCT TYPE lile BUS2121 for Shopping cart?If so,isnst the filter already applied at the PROCESS SCHEMA level?

YES

SRM 5.0 ACW is totally different then SRM 7.0 PCW. The index concept is no more use in PCW. to increase the index dynamically in PCW is through Badi '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC'

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan!!!

I am still not clear on the below:

How are these two linked i.e. PROCESS LEVEL and implementation of the BADI?

Also as I mentioned,we are implementing the header level approval workflow and there are multiple conditions based on which the no of approvers will increase.I am clear on the sequence of the conditions but if the approval index needs to be increased than do I need to implement the BADI '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC' or the other badi you mentioned.

In my workflow,the approval index goes on increasing as the no of conditions are set to true.In other words,whenever a new condition is satisfied,a new approver is added and the approval step should increase by 1.

Pls advise.