cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set ui element(link to action ) tool tip dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirment like i need to set tooltip dynamically of a link to action.

i am using link to action in a table columns cell editors and i m assigning icon as image source.

based on some condition i m changing icon's as red or green.

so i have different icons in my table by moving the cursor on each icon i should show some text as tool tip it should differ based on icon.ex(red green etc).

i tried like creating one more attribute in the context node of table and assigned it to all linkto actions.

And i m filling the attribute where ever i m chaging icon color.But i m facing problem its showing the text same as tool tip to all the icons. actually it will show like that only bcoz we are using the same attribute to all the link to action tool tip binding.

i want to set the tooltip to a particular link to action dynamically how can i achieve this...

binding should happen dynamically for particular ui element property..

can any one help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you change the content of the link to action field based on the colour (red, green)...? Because I have a table showing currencies in one column, and just tried setting the WAERK field as it's own tooltip... the tooltip now displays the same text as the currency shown in the separate fields. So, basically, if the content of the field containing link to action is dependent of the traffic light shown, then the tooltip should change, too.

Regards,

Trond