Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry & Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have 2 questions : -

1. In inquiry , whats the use of Purchase Order field?

2. While creating Quotation with Reference - Pop up comes with tabs - Inquiry , Quotation , Order , Contract , Billing Doc . Why we Order , Contract , Billing Doc to create Quotation . Whats the business need for it ?

Regards,

Pranshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) In general the PO number can be used for various reasonse..one of the most common being customer's reference number.

Since the data from IN to SO gets copied ..I believe SAP has given this field in Inquiry also...

2) Lets say this customer has purchased 100 items last week and he wants to purchase 90 items again or he wants a reference of his previous purchase for some internal reporting and business reasons--so he would like to refer to a billing doc or previous order and create the new inquiry.

3) If customer is in a contract for 1000 items and has purchased 550 so far and he refers to the contract and purchases another 150 this time to keep the contract udpated...so needs a contract as reference.

I hope this is what you were looking for?

Regards

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rags ,

Really helped . Understood 2nd and 3rd point .

For 1st - PO is never there before inquiry . As per process IN --> QT --> PO --> SO .

So again same , how can user fill PO when he cat have it as per process.

Regards,

Pranshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not the actual PO in SAP..it's just customer's reference. For example End Customer{ Custmoer's customer} is using his own system and creates a PO in his system which is then transferred or 'EDIed' to our SAP system or the customer wants to use that as reference so he can trace/ track in his local system as well.

It's like when you courier something..there's a customer reference no through which you can track the courier or lets say you're a small org and you can track all parcels based on this reference no.

Regards,

RS.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranshu,

In Inquiry or Quotation or SO order type in General Control --ther is a field cald Reference mandatory,,

if you choose any field system will display only tat field which you would like to create with reference...

try dng tat you wil notice the changes

Thanks

Shri..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a common design for all the Transactions, SAP i belive has designed similar screens for all the pre-sales and sale documents ,i.e. from inquiry till the sales order.

Iam not very sure if you can change them as per your requirement, discuss with your technical consultant.