cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1:N multimapping, IDoc change occurrence in XSD or Signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

In the current assignment, I have 1:N (File to IDoc) Scenario, In order to do this 1:N Multimapping for receiver IDoc we can either change the occurrence of IDoc as 0..unbounded(Using External Definition) or we can change the signature of the Message Mapping.

I want to know the technical difference between these 2 approaches, which approach is the preferred approach for development and for what reasons.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First approach prefereable one .

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the occurence in XSD. That is the elegant and prefered one. No need to go for BPM. Also per michal blog, this is better approach with respect to performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gautam,

first approach(Using ED) is better than secon approach.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Please check the below weblog by Michal. I think this explains what exactly you need.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Thanks and Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of the time, changing occurance of the IDOC using signature tab dont work, better try the approach of using external definition of the IDOC

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GO with IDoc as 0..unbounded(Using External Definition).

If you use signature tab then it will be multimapping.

As IDOC adapter resides in ABAP stact it does not support Java based message merge and split.

If you use signature then you need to go with BPM and incase of external defination no need for BPM.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By changing the IDOC occurances, PI bundles all the IDOCS in to one XML and sends to ECC. Then ECC breaks them in to individual pieces.

In the other case, it will multiple idocs sent separately from PI to ecc which increases your network trafic but eases your ecc off some work.

VJ