Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM styles and UI elements

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

I'd like to study how to personalize graphical elements of the UI specifically related to SRM 7; I don't mean abap web dynpro elements... just graphic elements that seems related to a "standard" style/skin.

In example... launching the NWBC transaction, every step which requires computation generates a spinning wheel which is conventionally intended as a "please wait". I guess that's simply a .gif image which could be substituted, or even modified, to meet a customer's desiderata. Or again, the style (shape/colour) of a title box; I guess that's a part of the standard style for SRM.

How can I access these graphical elements in order to "customize" them? I found some guidelines talking about CRM styles/graphical UI but seems not to be applyable on SRM 7.0...

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

I´m the same problem in SRM, only can change the logon NWBC pagen, subtituting the gif image, but I try to change the style css like CRM standard themes, can you edit CSS the NWBC ?

Regards

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Salvatore,

unfortunately not, I did not find a way to customize that animated gif. My guess is that is not possible as the animated logo probably relyes in a system directory I can't reach; moreover, I did not find the related .css in order to process and modify it.

If anyone has an hint on the argument - because I think this is quite a nice personalization customers ofter ask for - then let us know.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

over a month has passed, we're still on this task, which is: how to customize some system gif we see from direct link or NWBC transaction in our SRM 7 system?

The most obvious customization we'd like to implement is a substitution of the standard SAP's "spinning wheel" with a custom gif when the user has to wait for a result.

Thanks in advance,

M.

EDIT: some news... I tried to further investigate some pages via firebug on Firefox and found the following piece in a .css file, specifically styles.css:

body#loadingBdy div {
    background: url("loading.gif") no-repeat scroll center center transparent;
    height: 49px;
    margin-top: 30%;
    width: 100%;
}

Apparently, this styles.css file has this runtime URL: http://mysrm7ip:8070/sap/bc/nwbc/srm/~html/20100430170631/styles.css

So my guess is that I could substitute that "loading.gif" or simply modify that css file. The problem is I don't know how to reach that location; I tried via SE80 -> MIME repository, there I can access /sap/bc directory but can't see any "nwbc" subdirectory. Can anyone explain me what I'm missing? How could I access that .css file and modify accordingly to my desiderata?

Thanks again

Edited by: Matteo Montalto on Sep 27, 2011 5:22 PM