cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine data from different input forms outside a nested iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i try to combine data from different input forms in a single one.

Because of space reasons in Flex compiling i already use nested iViews. Within these nested iViews its possible to use the 'combine' function to do this.

But in the main iView I cant compose these function with other elements. I need to do this because of using these model in Guided Procedures with output parameters. These parameters I only get with a 'endPoint'. Unfortunatly its not possible to combine data from different input forms into the 'endPoint'.

Is there any solution?

Thanx

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

i switched the compiling mode to 'WebDynpro' and indeed, the parameters appears in the collable object.

But then i run into other problems with the layout, because WebDynpro arrange the screen elements among each other Not really nice!

Independently, i reward you points...

greets

mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

actually thats the problem, its not possible to combine the output port of a data input form with the combine operator.

Maybe any other idea?

greets

mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathias,

Do you really need to use the combine operator? Try this, I did test this and got it working make sure your endpoint has all of the fields that you want to map to it. Now go ahead and decide which button on which form will trigger the "end". Draw a link between that form and the endpoint, now in that link reference the fields from the other forms and that will combine everything into a single event.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

i tried this already and i also tried to map all parameters in the endpoint by drawing lines from the other forms and assign the 'empty parameters' by a formula.

And when i create a collable object in GP and assign the VC iView, only the parameters of the parent-form (the form who trigger the event) are shown as output-parameters.

Maybe any other ideas? I cant believe that such a simple thing is not possible?!?!

In my opinion, thats a bug, that I'am not able to use the combine-operator in the main VC-iView. Whats your mind?

greets

mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathias,

Try this, goto Tools --> Options and change the Runtime to WebDynpro. Look at note 853509 for limitations on the WebDynpro runtime but all in all you basically need to use the WD4VC callable object after deploying to Web Dynpro for VC and then you will see the output parameters.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias

I am able to get value at end point of VC and also in Callable object.

I link my end point with the form which trigger the event. On this link i map the value of other endpoint field by using formula->data fields->formname->attribute.

Please recheck this again and if you get successful, please close the forum thread.

Regards

Saurabh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

This is an idea, I haven't tested this, but have you tried combining the two forms using the combine operator and having its result stored in a data store? Your endpoint could then reference the data store.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Scott