Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM issue when running Macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement here:

I have created a planning area with UOM mentioned as 'KG'. I have KF 'Forecast adjustment(%)' where users put value as %.Actually user is putting just a value and in the background I have written a macro which is converting it into percentage value.

E.g If user put 20 in 'Forecast adjustment(%)' , macro in the background is performing the below calculation :

(1 + 20/100) = 1.2 and multiplying this factor with the KF 'Baseline Forecast.

Now I changed the UOM in planning book through 'Maintain User Settings' into TONs , the values in the KFs are getting converted into TONs which is fine . Now if I put some 20 in 'Forecast adjustment(%)' , it is converting 20 in KGs and performing the below calculation:

20 TON = 20,000 KGs

(1 + 20000/100) = 201 and multiplying this factor with the KF 'Baseline Forecast. Which I don't want.

Say,

If KF 'Baseline Forecast' = 300 TON and 'Forecast adjustment(%) is 20 , then I expect a result = 300 * (1 + 20/100) = 360

but I am getting = 300 * ( 1 + 20,000/100) = 60300 .

Can anybody please suggest how this can be tackled ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the UoM maintained for your Forecast Adjustment key figure? If it is Kg, then I think this problem will happen.

Please try to use different UoM for your Forecast Adjustment key figure

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani.

Thanks for your input.

yes ..UOM of the KF 'Forecast Adjustment(%)' is in KGs. 'Forecast Adjustment(%) is Z info object , which I have created.

In the infoobject I tried to modify the UOM into EA but it did not work.

It will be really nice if you can let me know from where to change the UOM of the particular KF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

It would be better you maintain UoM as "%" instead of KG for that particular keyfigure. For this your keyfigure should neither be of quantity nor of amount type. I will explain the UoM issues with an example:

Issue 1: Execute transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and you go to planning area. Click on <key figures> tab. Click on <Details> button to display KF details. Put the cursor on 'UOM' -

> you cannot modify it, this is the issue.

Solution: Since note 786625, the UOM-flag can only be set if a product characteristic is contained in the planning object structure and the key figure is defined as amount or quantity, i.e. if it has a unit.

Issue 2 : Execute transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and you go to planning area. Click on <key figures> tab. Click on <Details> button to display KF details. Put the cursor on the colums 'Unit of measure ' of the unitless

keyfigures, you cannot do it, this is the issue (you need to enter % there)

Solution for 2 : Please note that you can only maintain the unit of measure for only unit less keyfigures.Unit less keyfigures means the keyfigures neither of the quantity type nor of the amount type.

Please also go through the below link for more details which has solved the issue:

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thanks Nithin for your detail response . Actually I had resolved the issue in the same way as suggested by you .

I have modified the data type of the infoobject in Numbers.

Anyways Thanks a lot for youe help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using macro function DISPLAY_CONV_FACTOR you can meet your requirement.

refer to the note 1480509 for moe details.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for your input . I had found that function but was facing some problem to use it.

I will try to use this option as well. As of now I have changed the data type of the infoobject.

Anyways thanks a lot for your help.