cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype delimition not happening via HCM forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I wanted to include two infotypes for delimition while processing the Voluntary termination form. So I have added those in infogroups and processed in backend via pa40. The delimition happened. But when I try to process it via the Voluntary termination form the delimition is not happening. Am I supposed to change any setting/ configuration on the Form perspective.

Regards

Devi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Kevin_Norris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

We are currently implementing an termination form (but by using FLM by Arch Ltd instead of the standard SAP solution).

We are carrying out the necessary infotype updates as described previously instead of using the PA40 action.

It is documented widely that PA40 should not be used for batch input due to the events sequence needing to be interpreted to the menu (PA30 should be used).

Kevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I am not trying to do a Batch input. I am trying to run the HCM form a alternative to do the process instead of the R/3 PA40. This Interactive adobe forms are used by the Managers normally for carrying out changes to Employee master data or actions like transfer,termination.

Regards

Devi

0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

You need to configure the INFOTYPES and the operation in the FORM SCENARIO. You can use the standard SAP PA service for this.

Alternatively, a custom ADVANCED SERVICE can be created to delimit the infotypes using HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION but this requires an ABAPer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vijay

Kevin_Norris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

The PA40 Action process is a dynamic action, for example when using for hiring when you complete an infotype the next required infotype is presented.

You will need to delimit each infotype individually, you can use function module HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to delimit PA infotypes. An alternative would be to create a BDC and record the delimiting of each infotype using PA30.

Kevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Being a Functional consultant,what I have known is Dynamic action from the Functional perspective would be where an Infotype is triggered when a particular field in an Infotype is changed. For example when the Marital status of Infotype 0002 is changed from Single to married then the Infotype IT 0021 would be triggered . In those situation I understand the limitation of Forms. What I am trying to do is in the existing Voluntary termination form , I would like to delimit the Infotypes like Communication and Objects on loan

Regards

Devi

Kevin_Norris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

My understanding is that dynamic actions cannot be carried out by batch processes, therefore you will need to delimit each individual infotype.

Kevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response. But the delimition of an Infotype would not fall under the category of "Dynamic actions". It is a part of a normal PA40 action execution process.

Any other suggestions Kevin?

Regards

Devi