cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want information about OTC process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know is there any difference in between Standard Sales order process and OTC apart from posting?

Like in Standard we use SO -

Delivery---Picking -

PGI -

Invoice.

In OTC SO -

Delivery---Picking -

PGI -

Invoice --- Receivable posting or I need to correct my process?

Want information about OTC process.

Thanks

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

OTC is Order To Cash, So whatever the process are in between starting from Customer Order till the Cash has been received comes under OTC, Seeing your Steps at macro level i feel its good.

Thanks - Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the same. I want to understand the last step of customer payments. Once payment comes we will post through FI.

I think the Order type, Item category and delivery type and billing type will be the same. I was confused as need to have different order type or delivery type. In UK most of the job description comes with experience on OTC.

Could you please help me in final step for customer payments?

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a SD consultant, generally You don't have to know about customer payments.

However just this should help: F-28 is the tcode in FI for posting incoming payments.

Regards,

RS

P.S: I work in the UK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

in Payment receivable phase you are taking the payment for the parts/Goods/Services you have already sold. The Material is not going to change so as the material behaviour, So there is no change of ItemCat, Sales Order type. You need to place payment for the Customer which has been Debited upon creation of invoice.

Thanks - Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in OTC, it ends with Customer payment.

You can refer the following links:

http://www.sap.com/industries/wholesaledistribution/businessprocesses/ordertocash/index.epx

Pre-sales like QT --optional -->Standard Order -->Delivery >Picking>Packing>PGI>Billing-->Payment of Customer.

Regards,

RS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I know it is customer payment. After customer payments account document generated so I mean to say difference is just Customer payments?

What is the advantage of using OTC? The same configuration you need to set up in SD like for standard sales order process.

Thanks once again.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know:

SD is a SAP terminology and OTC is a terminology used by most businesses. Some of them call it Order Management as well which excludes the customer payment part and gets included in AR.

SAP-SD is a technology solution and OTC is a business process.

And SD as such also covers some of LE/LO processes which generally doesn't get covered under OTC.

Regards,

RS.