cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal component usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created an SC, DC etc. on a fresh NWDI. Created the track on that SC, mde references and checked in SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS (7.00 SP7) (SDA I ttok from my Netweaver Server, had none on NWDI). And I created a new WebDynpro Project on that track with NWDS 7.00 SP 6 (may that be the cause of Problem?).

The Problem is I get on my still empty project after syncing all SC Archives:

Check for used DCs failed: Illegal component usage: compartment "MY_COMPONENT" does not use compartment "sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1" of used DC "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro"; using DC: myDC(MYComponent)

Any clue what that shall tell me????

I think in generell that procedure is much to complicated with going first to SLD for SC and Product, then to CMS to create a track, give references to SCs, you just have to know which you need. Then you have to check these SCs in and so on (I never understood that step at ALL why that is needed...). To much steps to make errors...

Best regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must create the references to the 3 base SC's in the SLD (Usage Dependencies) not in the track configuration. CMS will use the information from the SLD to populate the bottom table with Required SC's of the track definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay thanks for that help... But how do I find them there? In which Software Component are they contained. SAP used again different names to make it not so simple

I selected my SC and got below the tabs where I went to "Dependencies". There I can "Define Prerequisite SC Versions". There I have such things like "WEBDYPRO RUNTIME 7.00" and alike but no "SAP-J2E" or something...

By the way Context Installation Time is okay?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check these two links for more info:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.htm">Defining and Removing Software Dependencies</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f2/7c04702864304bb38e0b1cd6667c2b/frameset.htm">Setting Up the Development Landscape: Landscape Configurator</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry in the whole dropdown I see nothing of this three SCs. I'm at the right place to add the three SCs, but I just don't FIND them, because naming ist totally different here.

Documentation in the nice "do something but don't tell me how" style of SAP sais:

<b>Create a product and software component in System Landscape Directory (SLD). Define the build dependencies required for J2EE development on the following software components:

+ SAP_BUILDT

+ SAP_JTECHS

+ SAP-JEE

</b>

Okay found them finally Its

+ SAP J2EE ENGINE <Release> (SAP-JEE <Release>)

+ DI BUILD TOOL <Release> (SAP_BUILDT <Release>)

+ SAP JAVA TECHNOLOGY SERVICES <Release> (SAP_JTECHS <Release>)

for all other who are searching for them. Found it at:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/de/e1/2aa0753d12479cb6f21c38371299a7/content.htm">Creating a SC in the SLD</a>

and guessed that SAP Build Tool is now the DI Build Tool...

Answers (0)