cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP - Conditions Tag into Workflow Stage Detour

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a question about our changes into configuration of GRC CUP.

We implemented in the past an approval scenario for all our test and development systems which was defined with only

one approval step (only the manager of the user will approve the request).

For production systems we have a double approval scenario with manager and BPO approval.

Goal: i need to implement a scenario in which the CUP worklow defines two approval steps (Manager and BPO) for requests into one

development system of our company. This must be then only in one development system, not to all the others which have to remain unchanged (1 approval).

Our actual path for development systems contains only one stage for initiator DEV_CHG.

How can insert this condition for only one development system? I would llike to expand our actual path with a new initiator or through stage detour and fork path. But i don´t find any conditions which correspond to my necessity.

It is possible to do it?

I want to avoid to create a new entry for initiator for a new path only for this development systems.

Thank you

Alberto Di Fazio

Edited by: Alberto Di Fazio on Aug 22, 2011 10:16 AM

Edited by: Alberto Di Fazio on Aug 22, 2011 10:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Albert,

You can select in your intiator Application as one of the attributes provide the value of your development system. Create a CAD for BPO approval and use the same attributes. Attach both CAD & Manager approval stages into the path

At the stage level Approval type - you can select all approvers to approve the request for provisioning.

Thanks and Best Regads,

Srihari.K

0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

You wrote:

"You can select in your intiator Application as one of the attributes provide the value of your development system. " --> i did it and inserted the attributes = Development System.

"Create a CAD for BPO approval and use the same attributes. Attach both CAD & Manager approval stages into the path".

We already have a double stage (for BPO and Manager) for all production systems, except development systems.

Goal is now to include the new development system into the DEV_CHANGE initiator but with a double approval check (as for productive requests).

Is it possible? I don´t want to create a new initiator for it.

And if i attach CAD & Manager approver into the path of DEV_CHG path, then it will affect all development systems. We want to limit the two approval steps only for this development system (not all) and for the production systems. All other development systems should only have 1 approval step.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Albert,

It is not possible with the same initiator. You need to have 2 paths 1 for single approval stage and one development system 2 approval stages.

A initiator can be used only for 1 path and cannot be utilised for 2 paths. There are no conditions available to use detour also to meet this requirement for only 1 dev system.

If you include in the same initiator then both the stage approver will get applied to all Dev systems

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K

0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Not solve the problem but it clarify that initiator can be used only for 1 path and cannot be utilised for 2 paths