cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulate Valid from/to dates of alerts from macros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am generating shortage alerts with a macro. Can I change the valid from / to dates?

Thanks in advance,

Ádá

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do not quite get your meaning, but I think alerts' calculation's start/end date is controlled in the macro step.

You specify from which bucket to which bucket should the alerts be generated by defining the iteration start and times.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada and Sunitha,

Let me be a bit more specific.

I want a macro that generates shortage alerts. However, I want it in a specific way. In our environment, lead times are quite long. If a demand takes the whole stock, we will have shortage for several buckets. Now, I want to suppress shortage alerts for multiple subsequent buckets, and have only one, which refers to the beginning and closing bucket.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,

Ádá

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you can write a If condition loop. If the previous bucket has the alert and the next bucket has the alert, then the present bucket should not show the alert.

This will ensure that only the first and last bucket has the alert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Edited by: M Manimaran on Aug 23, 2011 10:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Yes, I have done this part. The only issue is that I want a SINGLE alert, the valid from of which refers to the first bucket, while the valid to refers to the last

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you generate alerts from macro thealert valid from is depend on macro Time Unit.i.e if you select a macro with Time Unit

"Total planning horizon" then alert valid from is start of the Planning horizon.

Regards,

Sunitha