Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating travel expense from travel request

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am webdynpro developer. I want to create a expense report for the trip number ( which is generated using trip request ).

So please tell me is there any Function module to create a travel expense report by using same trip number which is generated using trip request.

FYI i have used below fm's .

bapi_trip_create_from_Data used for travel expense.

FITP_CREATE_TRIP_FROM_REQUEST for trip request.

Now i want to create travel expense based on same trip request number

Thanks and Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 22, 2011 7:40 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I am facing the same issue, kindly let me know how did you manage to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Regards,

Kamran Mujeeb

0 Kudos

A couple of things to note, this will be dependent on your customizing and whether your trip schema allows overlapping travel requests or not. you need to ensure that if you wish to create an expense report from a travel request, you then have one trip schema which does not allow overlapping.

As soon as there is an expense report connected to a travel request it is no longer possible to create a request that overlaps. You get an error message in this case.

Also, the standard system design of travel management is that the overlap check is not executed per trip schema but for all expense reports of a particular employee. If an employee has created a trip with using a schema that does not allow overlappping he can not create a further one with a different trip schema that does also not allow overlapping.

That said, the expense report will ALWAYS have the same number as the travel request, but you need to decide how the trip request is handled and the status it is saved in and authorizations and workflow for approval before travel expenses are then possible .

Hope this helps clarify from travel management point of view.

Kind regards

Sally

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

here what is the bapi to create expense report with using same trip number which is generated from trip request.

Regards

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi there

Yes this is the BAPI!

you'd need to modify the coding in the method FITP_GET_VALUE, TRIP_WISH_CHECK_OVERLAP and CHECK_OVERLAP though given my last reply in the context of overlapping trips.

However bear in mind that the BAPI does not have the same customizing possibilities as T-code PR05 without further modification on your part.

Hope it helps

Sally

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

you forgot to mention BAPI name, please provide. And where can i find these methods? In BAPI? Would you please elaborate .

Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 24, 2011 7:07 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I just checked your earlier reply again as realised you were using the function module FITP_CREATE_FROM_REQUEST and this function module has not been released so is unsupported!! (Check in SE37)

But to confirm for expenses, yes you are using the correct bapi_trip_create_from_data and this is the only one released for expenses.

It calls as follows:

CALL TRANSACTION 'PR01'

USING bdcdata

MODE d_mode

UPDATE d_update.

I cant help you unfortunately with your coding for methods depending on return parameters needed

Kind regards

Sally

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sally,

But I am already using FITP_CREATE_FROM_REQUEST FM for creating trip request in my webdynpro abap coding.

bapi_trip_create_from_data for travel expense. Both are working perfectly. Now i am facing problem in raising travel expense based on trip request number.

Regards

Srinivas