Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhance IE36/37 to add additional field

former_member601006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to enahnce sap standard report for Vehicle Listing IE36/IE37 to include custodian info (Personall No and Name) at INPUT and OUTPUT.

Custodian information is enter via custom transaction and display in equipment master under partner "custodian".

IE36 report only display customer number. and in my case not all personell number are created as customers. so user have requested to include custodian detail into ie36 report.

What would be the best solution?

1- a complete new report or

2- is there any way to enhace this report to I can include personell no?name fields are input and out of the report

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What would be the best solution?

Let us weigh our options....

1- a complete new report

Advantage : Future enhancements and corrections can be carried out with ease

Disadvantage :

(a) Logic for fields to rebulid a standard report from scratch

(b) Reconcile the data in output is tough and time consuming.

2- is there any way to enhace this report to I can include personell no?name fields are input and out of the report

Advantage : Standard logic and solution

Disadvantage : Finding proper enhancement spots in the program for the following

(a) Selection screen ( there are enhancement spots available for this program where fields can be added )

(b) Add new fields to internal table ( Check for enhance spots at data declaration or structure)

(c) Find proper spot for incorporating logic for newly added fields

(d) Add new fields to ALV strucutre ( The ALV displayed is probably from a structure and we need to find and add additional fields to it or the field catalog )

3-Copying the standard report to custom one and doing the necessary changes are also seen as a practise in some cases

Hope it helps you to find a proper solution!

Regards

Byju

0 Kudos

Hi Byju

Thanks for your reply.

I am currently investigating on the enhancement spots ES_EAM_LIST_ENHANCEMENTS_EXT for program RIFLET20.

it has couple of BADi definitions

BADI_EAM_RIFLET20_FCODE_CUS1 Implement Customer Function Code in Fleet Object List

BADI_EAM_RIFLET20_FCODE_SAP1 Implement SAP Function Code in Fleet Object List

I think I may consider third option of copying the existing report and adding additional field into it. You are saying copying option is faster then creating new report? I am little confused how are these two option different?

0 Kudos

Hi,

When Copying a standard report there are a number of things to be kept in mind.A couple of the points are discussed here

[Copying standard report |http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=202288]

But for writing custom code,the main focus is on obtaining the proper logic and performance(depends on client).

Hope this clears your confusion.

Regards

Byju

Josephsavari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

Plz Check this link.

Regards,

Joseph.s