cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment in VIsual Administrator in Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, I'm new to Linux environment for the SAP Netweaver 7.0. I used to use the Windows environment. Now the server is migrate from Windows to Linux. Currently it is using Red Hat in the server. As for the migration I need to migrate my existing application to the new server also.

Now the problem came to deployment. In Windows environment I deploy my application through Visual Administrator but now in Linux environment I can locate the path for the go.bat that runs the Visual Administrator but how do I run it?

I'm using XManager to run in GUI environment.

Kindly advise, If there is any documentation for this then it really help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Visual Administrator (VA),SDM,JSPM are the GUI tool. So, you need some GUI utility (XManager)

or any X-Windows service running on the PC from where you are trying to run VA.

You should have a shell script, i.e go.sh (go.bat is a windows batch file)

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

Yup I'm using the XManager to access to the server. So do you mean if I run the go.sh from XManager it will show me the VA as in the Windows?

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

try run from console terminal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to run from terminal. I got error when I run 'sh go' in the folder.

The error is as below

go: line 7: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/bin/java: No such file or directory

It is weird as it getting the wrong JAVA_HOME path as when I put echo $JAVA_HOME it showed /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin

So I think this caused I unable to start the VA. Any idea how to clear and it able to get from the path from JAVA_HOME.

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You need JDK, i.e IBM SDK

if $JAVA_HOME is not correct, and please fix it in your environment path setting.

SAP Notes:

716604:Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options

718901: How to Change the JDK of the J2EE Engine

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup... I just found out the reason as I opened the go script and it get the JAVA_HOME and put /bin/java therefore it caused that error.

Able to launch it now without JVM problem but get this error.

com.sap.engine.tools.launcher.Launcher Error : unable to invoke main class com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.AdminFrameVIew
Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable

Is this due to my current server setting?

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This is issue of XServer connectivity.

See

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I found the solution and share this out at here also.

The error I get is due to I didn't set the display out. This is the command I need to run before I launch the VA. I realized some use other command.

export DISPLAY=<PC IP>:0.0

Then just run the shell script.

Another one is setenv DISPLAY <PC IP>:0.0 but this I get no such command.

Thanks Vincent.

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Also, try googling the error message will bring you some answer, with regard to using xclock (/usr/bin/X11/xclock) to test the DISPLAY, and to confirm environment variable setting. which should shows you the clock as out put if the env variable is

set properly

Answers (0)