Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the cell size of selection options

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using selection options component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS, here I need to change one of the selection field cell size.

I tried using transparent container but Here I didnu2019t get any option to change the cell size.

Please can you advice, how to change the cell size in selection options.

Regards,

BBC

Edited by: BBC Achari on Aug 22, 2011 6:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello BBC,

I don't think we can change the size of the selection fields. If I'm not wrong this is inline with normal UI elements where we dont have the control.

BR, Saravanan

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Yes, I understand but in my scenario I am using IDoc number as selection option field, its length is 16digit but here showing cell size is only 14degit.

Here atleast I should get original length of selection field, that is my problem.

Regards,

BBC

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you bind the input field with the data element having char 16 it will automatically give 16 digit length. In Select options Even though the visible length is 14 you can able to enter 16 digits.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes, I can enter 16digit number. Here what happed if we copy and paste IDoc number like leading zeros u20180000000000654321u2019, it is not showing last two digits in cell because of cell length.

Actually by default it should show same length of data element. Here not showing like that.

Regards,

BBC

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you place the cursor after copying and go to the right end..!! Since if if dispalying 14 digits may be you are thinking that it is not copying.!! It will allow the length to which the data element is binded. Check the Data Element Technical Attributes., give the same data element of IDoc which you are copying and pasting.,

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Here I can enter 16digit or copy & paste the 16degit , here some time while moving cursor, two degitis not visable in left or right side.

I mean to say 16digit is available in cell but problem is visibility only 14degits.

Here I used data element directly like this..

lt_range_table =

wd_this->m_handler->create_range_table( i_typename = 'EDI_DOCNUM' ).

wd_this->m_handler->add_selection_field( i_id = 'EDI_DOCNUM'

i_within_block = `BL01`

it_result = lt_range_table

i_read_only = abap_false ).

Thanks & Regards,

BBC

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Yes you can see 14 chars in order to see 16 chars you have to set width.. which is not availble property in select options..

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Exactly what you say is correct, there no parameter to change the width in selection options.

But as per standard also not showing exact length in selection options, that is my doubt?

Regards,

BBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the CL_WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS, the program will get the field length of the type, for example, 'EDI_DOCNUM' has a length of 16, and use the length for the dynamic construction of CL_WD_INPUT_FIELD.

In my testing of adding 'EDI_DOCNUM' to a select-options, the field has the visible length of 16. So I doubt maybe your problem was caused by other factors?

Answers (0)