cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Material Data through the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got a question concerning contraining accessrights for Material Data. I've created a user and a role in MDM which should only have view-access on my main table. I use this user when defining the user mapping for Enterprise Portal. Now, when I try to edit fields (within the portal), an errormessage is displayed. This is ok, because I should not be able to edit these fields. The problem arises when some fields have been defined in MDM as read-write and other as read-only. Regardless of the field I try to edit, the system always returns an errormessage.

Is anybody familiar with this problem and do you know a solution if so?

I thank you in advance,

Gerwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't had that problem but, I could recommend a workaround:

When creating the Item Details iView on the Portal, you can choose whether if a field can be editable or not. In the case where you don't want the user to edit it, you should define it there.

I've always believed that its not proper to let the user do things that you know in advance can't be done, for instance, let the user modify fields that you know can't be modified.

It is, however, an interesting question. I shall mount a Portal and test your scenario and see what happends.... I'll let you know

Greetings!!

Alejandro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

I rewarded 2 points. I know about the workaround you described. However, editeability is dependant on the role the user has. So in one occasion the user must be able to edit the record (because the user has a role that allows edit-access), on the other hand, if the user only has view-access, he should not be able to edit the record. Maybe SP4 solves the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently evaluating SP4 and unfortunately, by now, the Portal Content is not available yet, but will be out next week.

I'll let you know what happens, because I do think it's quite interesting