cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Whenever we create a repository a CATEGORIES table will get created by default. And there will also be a category field which will get created by default in the main table which in turn refers to the default CATEGORIES table.

My question is when I try to create a new field of type LookUp Taxonomy in a table why is that the default CATEGORIES LookUp table is not coming in the drop down list? Except for this CATEGORIES default table all the other LookUp Taxonomy tables come in the drop down menu.

Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

As per your post my understanding is that you are trying to create lookUp Taxonomy on Catogeries Main table.

Since Catogeries in Main table you cant refer it with Lookup Taxomony ,instead you can refer with LookUp main if you are using MDM 7.1.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you had noted, when you create a repository one taxonomy table "Categories" will be created.

Then for the repository that you have created, you can create any number of Taxonmy tables using Right Click ---> Add Table

Now coming to your doubt check the below,

1) The "Categories" main table might have not linked in any other look up taxonomy field that you have in the main table.

2) All the other Taxonomy tables that you linked in one or the other look up taxonomy fields.

3) When you have any taxonomy table that is not linked with any look up taxonomy field in maintable you will definitely find it in the drop downs. So try to create a new taxonomy table for the repository and check the drop down for the lookup taxonomy field, now you will find the categories and newly created field. If you select the lookup table as "categories", for the next look up taxonomy field that you create only the newly created Taxonomy table will be available in the drop down and "Categories" will not be present.

4) So I think, the "Categories" taxonomy table is not linked to any other look up taxonomy field where as the other taxonomy tables that you created have been linked to one or the other fields. (Check for this, there could be no other possiblities).

In simple one liner,

When you create a taxonomy table for your repository, you can use it for only one look up taxonomy field in any of the main tables in the repository.

Regards,

Aruvie

Edited by: aruvie on Aug 24, 2011 1:05 PM

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess MDM does not permit diffrent Lookup [Taxonomy] fields in main tables to look into the same taxonomy table. it is not only for categories but other table which are assigned to diffrent Lookup [Taxonomy] fields are also not in dropdown. I checked this at my end..

Cheers,

Rc