Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax error in program SAPLSMTR_NAVIGATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are applying support pack KB70207 on our ECC EH5 system with*

Version NW04's SR3 on Windows with Oracle 10g Database.*

We were applying BASIS support pack 7 (SAPKB70207) suddenly we got the error Syntax error in program SAPLSMTR_NAVIGATION ,SAPLSFES'.

when iam enter any Tranaction code i get the syntax error related to many abap program

i also Restored system from last sucessful backup two times .but facing same problem

I checked the SLOG,ALOG file and found an error entry saying 'Background job RDDIMPDP could not be started or terminated abnormally'.

this server is very-2 important for us.

Kindly need your urgent help to sort out the matter soon.

Thanks in advance

@sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

spam process is not sucessfully done.i got systax error in import abap phase

after whenever i enter spam tcode i get same error systax SAPLSMTR_NAVIGATION.

@sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First check if the file system global/log folder is full? Reschedule the job in 000 clnt

Regards

Vamshi

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can not open SPAM but can find and fix errors, you can retrigger import of SP with tp.

Check Logs in the /usr/sap/trans/log or /usr/sap/trans/tmp directory.

Also check the tablespaces sizes and make sure to have sufficient size at the DB level.

If the Supportpack upgrade got stopped and

If you checked everything above,do the following steps carefully -

1.The import buffer entry for the request must still be available (mostly with RC=12) to be able to call the tp. Check this with: tp showbuffer <SID> tag=spam pf=<...transport profile>

2.Than you have to find out the cause of the error...The error must be visible in the corresponding SAPI*.<SID> log file

(Directory /usr/sap/trans/log) The actual cause of the error must be found and eliminated (possibleDB errors / locks etc...)

3.After solving the problem you have to restart the import of the broken down basis support package on the OS level with the help of the transport program" tp"....

The syntax is :

"tp r3i <request> <SID> pf=<Name incl. Path to the transport profile> tag=spam -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8"

thanks

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have done everything before doing spam like kernal upgrade,spam upgrade,spam in test mode.,spau,spdd

Edited by: sanjeev kr on Aug 21, 2011 7:22 PM

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your Support pack import finished correctly.. ? if not, please concentrate on Background job RDDIMPDP problem. Syntax error may occur in between.

please check these 2 threads :

Also paste tp system log details.

thanks

ashish

Edited by: ashish vikas on Aug 21, 2011 4:12 PM

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please verify all prerequisite before importing support package.

also check SAP Note 1030335 - Syntax warning in program SAPLSMTR_NAVIGATION

thanks

ashish