Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations required for EWA RFCs

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While generating RFCs for EWA set up in solman system. Get wn error that trusted RFC creation failed as you do not have authorization to logon as trusted in target system. Though the EWA works fine evem without trusted RFC working; but the issue is that the RFC BACK is created in satellite system by trusted and do not get automatically created in this case.

It will be great if any one can confirm me on below questions:

a. Which users need trusted RFC authorizations; the dialog user with which I have logged in for configuration or the communication users used in RFCs.

b. If answer of aboce question is dialog user; then there are two dialog users involved; one in solman and one satellite system. Then which of these require trusted RFC authorisation. The user in solman, or user in satellite or both users?

c. Is S_RFCACL profile enough for trusted RFC in EWA or any other authorization also required?

Thanks,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also face such problems lot of times and it quite annoying. Sometimes, it is not because of authorization problem but because of security keys. I will tell you how i solved this problem:

1) Delete all RFC's, users (related to solman in satellite system and related to satellite system in solman), system in SMSY and system in SMT1/SMT2 (in both solman and satellite system for each other)

2) Create RFC's in solman and in satellite system for each other. But make sure that this RFC is not trused i.e. simple RFC with user and password.

3) After above RFC works fine, create system again in SMSY with Assistant.

By doing this way, my problem was solved.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny.

Good to see you after such a long time. I also tried the same what you advised. I was trying to get the same RFCs generated automatically but it did not work despite providing enough authorizations found as per SAP notes.

I am facing one more problem in same EWA set up

I have defined a new solution in solution manager system for development systems and added three new development system ti this one. All three one are working fine. There is one old development system; for which report is already getting generated and is in a different solution. As per requirement; I added the logical component of this old system to the new solution. Now it is showing in list of that solution. But report is not getting generated for this system in the new solution; and for the same system report got successfully generated in old solution.

I have checked there are a few QA systems as well; for which reports are generated in multiple solutions. So I believe it is possible to get report of one system in two solutions.

But in this case; the report is getting generated in the old solution only. Checking in the new solution; the entry of this new system has status "EWA session waiting for download" and there is a truck sign.

I found this from Go to > Sessions overview

When I click on session of any of working systems and click on edit > session > session overview it takes to next screen

But same click on other system which was working in old solution; gives a message 'cannot open session'

Could you please advise how can I add same system to new solution defined.

Thanks,

Varun

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in solution maintenance in DSWP that whether system has actually been include in the solution. If green color is seeing on the system then system is included in the solution otherwise not.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Upon firther investigation; found some issue for this. In ST22 in solution manager system; found run time errors "DBIF_RTAB_SQL_ERROR". Details

"Database error text ........ ORA-01653": Unable to extend table"

Added space to tablespace PSAPSR3 and reports got generated. Reprots were stuck due to this. Issue resolved.

Thanks,

Varun

Answers (0)