cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen hangs on Smartform Print Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing a unique issue with one of our custom smartforms. While trying to see the preview of a PO through ME29N, as soon as the Print Preview button is clicked SAP screen hangs. However, other smartforms in the same system are successfully previewed.

We also tried to print the affected smartform and it worked fine, no data on the form is truncated. We tried priviewing the blank form by running the test form from SMARTFORMS tcode and the result is same - screen stalls on clicking Preview.

We tried changing printers as well but it didn't work either. We have debugged the standard process and the system hangs in function module SSFCOMP_CLOSE --> OTF_CLOSE --> OTF_CLOSE_DISPLAY.

Interestingly, this issue comes up only if we click on the Print Preview button when the Print parameters popup shows up. If we change anything on the screen and click on Preview button the form preview is shown correctly.

Any inputs in resolve the issue are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

we are having a very simillar problem, how did you fix your issue??

Thanks,

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have the same issue as yours. I saw your issue is closed and seems to be an issue with some RFCs involed in accessing OLEs. Can you give me more detail on why this happen and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Fiona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs folks.

The issue is closed now. Seems to be an issue with some RFCs involved in accessing OLEs.

Regards,

Anil Japa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Check Smartforms for program lines via ST05 if there is any table like MSEG which is taking lot of time to execute.

BR

Dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

This is a performance issue which i too got.

1.Please check ur select statement.and check you have given all key fields in where condition.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

We couldn't read the error table because the screen simply hangs forever. It never ended even after couple of hours and there were no runtime errors in ST22 as well.

@Sridhar,

Not sure if it is a performance issue. Since the issue comes up while displaying the form, I checked the code inside the smartform and there is only one possibility for error - a SELECT inside LOOP to get the Plant address. And T001W - Plant Master Table - doesn't have too many entries as well. So I don't see any issue with this. The table on which LOOP is written have maximum of 2 entries.

Thanks,

Anil Japa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should try to read the internal table with the errors, perhap you can get some informations there

Max