Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - warnings during Batch processing-Field x does not exist in screen y

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied and edited an LSMW Project to load JE's - . There are certain fields that are in my Source Fields that are not always needed. When they are not needed, I get a warning message during Batch Processing, for example:

Field BSEG-VBUND does not exist in the screen SAPMF05A 0330 (Trading Partner)

Field COBL-WERKS does not exist in the screen SAPLKACB 0002 (Plant)

These warnings do not stop me from posting the entry, but i have to press enter many times to get through the screens.

I have two questions regarding how to solve this problem:

1. Is there a way to do the batch processing so that it will ignore these types of warnings? i do not want to have to press enter through all the screens. I want to be able to post the batch in one quick step, otherwise it is pointless.

2. Should I be setting a rule or a code in LSMW that would tell the system the field is not needed, or when the field is needed? This seems like it would be very complicated to do. Since the transaction FB01 is making the determination as to which fields are needed (ie: Cash account needs a Value Date) perhaps these rules or codes are already in SAP and i can just copy them into LSMW?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. You can run the session in background which will prevent multiple enter

2. yes you can also add coding..

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. You can run the session in background which will prevent multiple enter

2. yes you can also add coding..

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. i just tried to do background processing in SM35, but now it stops the process completely and shows that there is an error. The only way i know to fix errors is to go through the screens. When i do foreground processing the message has a green check mark and all i do is press enter to go past it to the next screen - it does not show it as an error, but when i do background processing it is an error. Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi

That's a normal behavior when it runs a batchinput session online:

A field x doesn't exist in the screen y: that is an error, not a warning; but if it run the session online it's shown like successfully message, so it can go on by pressing enter, but in background the message become an error and the session is aborted.

All you can do it is to correct your mapping step in order to set the sign for "no data" (i.e /) in the fields aren't used.

Max

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying to figure out how to put in a user defined routine. I need to say that when the GL account equals a certain range of accounts (ie cash accounts), this field is required - otherwise it is not needed. However, at this point that seems to be beyond my capability. You just gave me an idea with your answer : Can i simply put a "/" in my data file (csv) in the space that represents the value date for the items that do not need it? When i import the data, perhaps it will recognize the "/" as meaning no data for this line. I did notice that the fields that are giving me errors are all empty, but the ones that have empty spaces in my data show "/" in SAP. I will try that later, but I suppose it will just bring it in as a text field. Anyway thank you very much for your answer. I now know that the problem must be fixed in the LSMW Project if i am to accomplish what i want to do.

0 Kudos

You need to prepare the values have to be moved to the BatchInput.

Just as you've noted, if a field is empty it means the value has to be space, if a field has slash (/) it means that field has to be ignored.

So your problem is how and where the data have to be prepared.

Probaly the easier solution is to format the file correctly, so to insert "no data" sign in the input file, but that depends on how the file is created.

Other solution is to add abap code in order to set the slash if the value from file is equal to space: here you can create a routine or insert the abap code directly in mapping step:

after assigning the file field to LSMW structure field, if you do a double click on assignement, an abap editor will be open: here you can insert the code you need.

Max

0 Kudos

Thank you so much Max. The "/" in the data file works perfectly. I was able to upload my test JE with no errors. This solution works best for us since we will be using excel to create our csv file, and it will be recurring each month. The file layout will include the "/" in the spaces where it will be needed. The only thing that will change is the amount, date, and descriptions, so I am happy to say i do not need to learn how to write code for a user defined routine! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Have a great weekend!

0 Kudos

Hi

Very well........I'm just spending my weekend or (?)

Max

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.